View Full Description
Version 2.6 – What's new
Omnisphere version 2.6 is here. This new version features a wide range of enhancements, upgrades and new additions including 600 new and cutting-edge patches. Major new upgrades have been added to Omnisphere's arpeggiator, expanding the Synth Integration and providing full support for up to 65 popular hardware synths.
New profiles and support has been added for classic gear such as the Roland Juno-106 and D-50, Super Jupiter and more. The preset library has been expanded, with 600 new patches created by Eric Persing working alongside the Spectrasonics Sound Development Team. Eric is renowned for his classic sound design work, bringing fresh and full-bodied sounds to Omnisphere. Existing users can simply use the "Get Updates" feature on the Omnisphere splash page.
A powerhouse in the music world
Omnisphere is now renowned in the digital music world, used frequently in EDM, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock and everything in between. Its revered for its versatile and expansive sound library. The library includes over 14,000 sounds in total, spanning everything from classical instruments to cutting-edge synthesizers. There is a reason this VST and sound library has been used by countless producers including TM88, Sonny Digital, Southside, Boi-1da, Cardiak and more.
Not only is Omnisphere suitable for music production it has also been used for movie scoring and even video game sound design. The award-winning Spectrasonic Sound Development team have meticulously designed these patches and sounds using years of sound design expertise. The result is sounds and tones you will not find anywhere else.
57 premium-grade FX units
In addition to the eclectic sound palette, Omnisphere boasts a wide range of premium-grade effects. In total, it includes 57 FX units including recreations of iconic equipment and cutting-edge processors. The wide range of effects allows you to add texture and flare to your sound library. The FX collection spans from graphical and vintage EQs to chorus, vibrato, wah, compressors and cutting-edge reverbs.
High-resolution interface and Windows multitouch support
Version 2.6 includes a new high-resolution interface. This interface provides support for HiDPI displays, providing crisp visuals to match the superior sound collection. The rich and sleek GUI is now easier to navigate and can also be resized to fit virtually any workspace.
2.6 also provides support for Windows X Multitouch computer sand tablet. This allows you to use the Live Mode page as a functional stage interface, even when used fullscreen on a Windows computer. It also provides additional support for some of the most popular synths on the market.
Spectrasonics new delivery platforms
Spectrasonics has eliminated all DVD-ROM discs in its virtual instrument product line - replacing them with modern Download and Drive Editions. The company is now shipping high quality USB drives in their in-store packaging for Omnisphere 2 - making physical installation dramatically faster, easier, and more reliable.
Version 2.6 upgrades and enhancements
- New Hardware synth integration for up to 65 popular hardware synths
- New additions to the patch library - over 600 new patches creaed by Eric Persing
- Expanded and upgraded arpeggiator
- New hi-res, resizable interface
- New granular layout
- Improved live mode page
- Shared signal path routing
- System tuning/scale functions
- Windows multitouch support
- Vastly expanded synthesis
- 4 layers per patch
- Doubled mod matrix
- Over 100 new wavetables
- New state variable filters
- FREE for all Omnisphere 2 users!
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100x
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side
- New Mini-Browser available at all times
- Larger Full Browser Design
- Sound Match feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
- Greatly Improved sound organization system
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning
- Browse Patches by Mood
- Expanded Genres
- Browse by Oscillator type
- Boolean search options
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns
- Arp pattern lock while browsing
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects
- New modulation capabilities