View Full Description
MPC Software 2.10 update – new plugins, deeper integration and much more
This huge new update for the MPC software includes 19 new plugins, new effects, USB audio interface support, drum and keygroup engine updates and a variety of workflow enhancements. Further cementing its place as a production powerhouse, the new MPC update unlocks premium-quality virtual instruments, versatile editing possibilities, vocal processing and much more.
The new AIR Vocal Insert Effects Suite gives you the power to record and mix industry-grade vocals directly to the MPC. This collection of modern vocal production tools includes pitch correction effects perfect for RnB, Rap and Pop music. The AIR effects library has also been expanded with seven new additions including AIR Stutter and Granulator.
Expand your sound library with four new instrument plugins, complete with stunning presets that will inspire. The new instrument plugins include AIR Hype AIR Mellotron, AIR Solina and WayOutWare Odyssey. The plugins span everything from cutting-edge synthesis to classic emulations of legendary synths. The instruments feature powerful interactive sound engines complete with built-in processing and in-depth controls.
Music production has never been so streamlined thanks to the new workflow enhancements and engine updates. The new refined “Recursive Search” goes in-depth when it comes to search for your samples. With Key Detection technology, the MPC will detect the key of your sample automatically. You can also search through your MPC Plugin Instruments presets directly from File, Media and TUI browsers. You can also create and save custom effects chains, providing quick access to your favourite processing tools.
Easy to use power
Power is one thing. Being able to use it, is another. If it’s hid behind vast menus, it’s not that useful. That’s why the MPC Live II has added five more hardware controls, because ultimately twisting a dial and feeling the immediate impact, is a more intuitive way to create. The commitment to tactile, high-quality hardware can be seen all over the MPC Live II.
From the satisfying RGB back-lit pads to reactive touch-sensitive screen. Akai Professional want your gear to be a creative extension of you. That extends to the built-in monitor speakers. Which Akai Professional have taken a long time to get right, so they can give you an accurate representation of how your kick, snares, and samples will fit into your creation.
All this instantaneous feedback (you might say analog in its feel), is powered by the processor you’d find on the MPC X. Which is a powerful engine, one that means the MPC Live II will be going strong for years, update after update.
Most incredibly, all of that is wrapped up in a portable, premium body. It easily fits in a backpack.
Production power you can carry
It’s an unfortunate truth. The kit you already know how to use is immediately useful. Whereas kit that might be ‘more advanced’ on paper, is essentially an obstacle without the hours of practice. Which is why Akai Professional made the MPC Live II so gloriously versatile.
The types of connections available to you are vast. The MPC Live II features three stereo ¼-inch TRS outputs (6 mono), phono/line level inputs, USB, MIDI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth – and most interestingly four TRS CV/Gate outputs.
That means, a whole world of modular gear can now be combined with the MPC Live II. In a studio setting, you can arrive and make your own setup the lynchpin of production. Hugely capable tools you know and love, right there when you need them.
That production potential is backed up by practicality too. A long-lasting Lithium-Ion battery to keep you going on the road. Compatibility with USB drives, SD cards, and external hard drives (including SSDs), in addition to 16GB of on-board storage, means you never have to be caught without space you need.
The MPC Live II comes pre-loaded with MPC 2.8 software. Which gives you even more outstanding tools. For example, your MPC Live II will always be recording a buffer. So if you play something you like but have no idea what it was - it is saved. No one likes losing ideas, with the MPC Live II, you won’t.
You’ll also be able to use MIDI multi. Essentially letting you attach up to 32 MIDI devices using a USB hub (sold separately). Even better you can send all that MIDI information into Tracks so you can organise and layer up your sound, on the MPC Live II interface.
Should you have the gear and inclination, these updates make the MPC Live II akin to a transportable studio brain. Or in standalone mode, a supremely capable creative tool that you can take anywhere.
- Retro-style design inspired by classic MPC design (MPC 2000, MPC 3000 and MPC 60 style)
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- 16 velocity sensitive RGB pads
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2 software
- Ableton Link for Cross-Platform collaboration
- Includes 3-months Free Access to Splice
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage
- Full-size SD Card Slot
- User-expandable 2.5-inch SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- (2) USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link button
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- Buttons: (27) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 151 x 93mm (width x height)
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: Quad-core ARM® processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, expandable via SATA connections
- (2) ¼” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) ¼” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pair)
- (1) ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (1) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (1) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (4) CV/Gate outputs
- (2) USB Type-A port
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adaptor: 19V, 3.42A, centre-positive, included
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 5 hours of battery life
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 411.5 x 243.8 x 45.7 mm
- Weight: 3.38 kg
- Product code: MPCLIVE2XUK