M-Audio BX8-D3 Studio Monitor
M-Audio BX8-D3 Studio MonitorDetails
Product Ref: 92064View Full Description
Spend another £131.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Latest Addition to the M-Audio BX Family
The BX8-D3 studio monitors are the most powerful BX8s to date, with 150W of Class A/B bi-amplified analogue power, they are more powerful than any of the previous BX speaker models. Capable of louder volumes with less distortion, these speakers are ideal for professionals, beginners, and anyone in between who requires monitors that deliver an accurate response at any volume.
Military-Grade Driver Construction
The M-Audio BX8-D3 features a military-grade Kevlar woofer boasting a rigid and lightweight construction, and delivering outstanding transient response whilst preventing detrimental "cone breakup." The BX8-D3 also features a treated silk dome tweeter, providing the perfect combination of low mass and negation of unwanted audible resonance. These drivers combined produce astounding audio reproduction with dynamic accuracy, allowing you to create a mix that sounds exactly the way you want it to.
The vinyl-laminated MDF enclosure of the BX8-D3 helps to bring out the best of its meticulously engineered features. Featuring an optimised rear mounted bass port that has been to specific dimensions for deep, defined bass response, the BX8-D3 studio monitors drastically reduce unwanted air turbulence at high sound pressure levels. Combined with the custom waveguide that the tweeter is mounted in that provides reliable and accurate dispersion, these monitors deliver an exceptional soundstage that remains consistent, wide, and stable. A front-mounted LED also ensures the best possible monitor positioning in relation to your listening position by appearing to shine brightly when in the perfect spot. The design of the front panel also ensures there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from the drivers.
The bi-amplified design of the BX8-D3 studio monitors ensures efficient and accurate audio reproduction whilst two Class A/B internal amplifiers power the woofer and tweeter separately. Each of these are optimised for the specific frequency range it handles, and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. Also featured in the BX8-D3 monitors is a precision-tuned crossover ensuring that each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a consistent and accomplished sound across the entire frequency spectrum. This revolutionary power design enables you to play your audio at higher levels with significantly less audible distortion.
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts of RMS power for powerful and accurate sound
- 8'' Kevlar low-frequency driver with a high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- The 1.25'' natural silk tweeter provides astounding transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide delivers precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control enables you to fine-tune the low-end response to your listening space
- Optimized rear port provides extended low-frequency response
- 1/4'' balanced/unbalanced and XLR balanced inputs allows you to connect to audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the ideal monitor playback level for your session or space
- Exceptional frequency response with a wide range of 37Hz to 22kHz to cover a full musical spectrum
- Handy front panel LED enables perfect positioning of monitor angle in relation to your listening position
- Monitor Type: 2-Way Near-Field Studio Reference Monitor
- Low Frequency Driver: 8'' (203mm) Kevlar Curved Cone with High Temperature Voice Coil & Damped Rubber Surround. Magnetically Shielded
- High Frequency Driver: 1.25'' (32mm) Magnetically Shielded Natural Silk Dome
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9kHz
- Low Frequency Amplifier Power: 85W
- High Frequency Amplifier Power: 75W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110dB
- Input Sensitivity: 85mV Pink Noise Input Produces 96dBA Output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR Balanced
- 1 x TRS Balanced/Unbalanced
- Input Impedance:
- 10kOhm Balanced
- 20kOhm Unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive Signal at + Input Produce Outward Low Frequency Cone Displacement
- RF Interference
- Output Current Limiting
- Over Temperature
- Turn On/Off Transient
- Subsonic Filter
- External Mains Fuse
- 100 - 120V, 50/60Hz
- 220 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 150W
- 100 - 120V: T2AL 250V
- 220 - 240V: T1AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 9.8'' x 11.9'' x 15.1'' / 250mm x 302mm x 384mm
- Weight: 23.1lbs / 10.5kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.