View Full Description
Roland have completely reimagined the workstation to maximise creativity and versatility. A 16 track sequencer with non stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly. You can export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix or as a multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW.
Portable and Lightweight
The FA-08 workstation is light and mobile with an 88 note Ivory Feel-G keyboard that provides for premium performance and easy transportation, weighing only 16kg. Connect a mic, guitar or stereo line level device to the FA-08, which includes a high-speed USB audio interface, great for touring and playing live.
Built Around Great Sound
The FA-08 contains over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums giving you ultimate freedom. You can add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots or download sounds for free from Roland's Axial sound library.
Studio Features and Effects
The FA-08's onboard sampler is based on the SP-40SX and features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards. A multitude of studio quality effects including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects) and global EQ, chorus and reverb mean you can polish your sounds completely. You can tweak tones, effects and external MIDI devices in real time with six user assignable Sound Modify knobs.
Multiple Inputs and Connectivity
This Roland workstation has Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling and DAW audio recording. A dedicated input reverb provides ambience for both performing and recording. USB ports allow for sound expansion data, updates and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer. MIDI communication with an iPad is also possible using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit.
With onboard templates for Logic, Cubase and Sonar, the FA-08 will fit right into your existing DAW setup, eliminating the need to spend time learning another workflow. With the touch of a button you can instantly configure the workstation for use with your DAW via USB thanks to the streamlined interface with a large colour LCD screen. D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator and Chord Memory functions are all available tools to expand your creative palette.
Instantly Capture Ideas
The on board 16-track sequencer is always recording, therefore will capture your ideas as they happen without risk of missing a take. Once the creative juices are flowing you can add finishing touches on board or export your sound to your DAW. Enjoy fast, flexible and frustration free workflow with the Roland FA-08 Music Workstation.
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximise your creative flow
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard provides premium weighted-action performance in a lightweight design that?s easy to transport
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland's Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-08 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Keyboard Section: 88 keys (Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement)
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current draw: 1,300 mA
- Quick Start
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Stand (*1): KS-G8, KS-G8B, KS-18Z, KS-12, KS-J8
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash Memory (*2)
- Wireless USB Adapter: WNA1100-RL
- *1 When using the KS-18Z and KS-J8, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
Size and Weight
- Width: 1415 mm (55-3/4 inches)
- Depth: 340 mm (13-7/16 inches)
- Height: 142 mm (5-10/16 inches)
- Weight: 16.5 kg (36 lbs. 7 oz.)
For more official roland sounds visit Axial.roland.com
Axial is the official Roland tone library site where you can download new sounds for your Roland synthesizer that have been specially designed by top programmers.