View Full Description
Korg Monologue Analogue Synthesizer
The Monologue’s synthesis engine has been overhauled with a range of new features that improve functionality and performance. The VCF has been changed for 2-pole for added bite and crunch. A Drive dial has been added for rich bass and cutting leads, and the LFO control has been expanded with higher rates and deeper modulation for increased control. The Step Sequencer now features 16 high quality step buttons for faster real-time edits, improving your overall workflow. A push button and turn knob for ‘parameter lock’ style motion sequencing. A key trigger allows transposition control of sequences in real-time.
The Monologue’s design is based on the original Minilogue from Korg, building on the success of the ergonomic and intuitive design to offer a portable, powerful synthesizer. One of the most exciting additions is the micro-tuning capabilities the Monologue possesses. With Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) as advisor and part of the preset voicing team, the Monologue's sound palette has been expanded and revitalised by one of the world’s leading synth musicians. The smaller design is lightweight and even more portable than its predecessor with a scaled down 25 note slim-keyboard for a more compact and streamlined design. The Monologue is also available in a range of new eye-catching colours including anodised black, dark blue, gold and red.
Powerful, Versatile Synth
The Monologue has been designed to offer a multitude of powerful functions and controls that let you create and manipulate sound. The synthesizer has a monophonic design and is programmable with up to 20 user program memories with 80 preset sounds included. The Monologue captures the same spirit as the Minilogue, re-designed for monophonic synthesis. The drive section has also been expanded for a richer and more versatile sonic palette, creating a powerhouse when combined with the updated sequencing capabilities.
The built-in 16-step sequencer features motion sequence recording capabilities, which give you a wide spectrum of possibilities when it comes to recording and arranging sounds. Providing real-time recording with overdubbing, the Monologue lets you record and arrange with each, with step-recording letting you record by consecutively entering notes, allowing you to create complex rhythms and sequences on the fly.
Visualise Your Sound
One of the most unique features of this powerful synthesizer is the Oscilloscope. The OLED display will show you the waveform as you craft your sound. As well as being an entertaining add-on, this also helps when creating sounds as you see how the sound changes as you tweak each control.
Battery Powered Design
The curved, sand-blasted aluminium front panel is durable as well as looking sleek and stylish. Also featured are metal shaft potentiometers, solid chassis mounted metal shaft potentiometers and rubber-coated knobs, resulting in a sturdy, durable build that will easily withstand the rigour of transportation and live use. The Monologue can also be powered by 6 x AA batteries (included) for added versatility, allowing you to setup and create sounds wherever you go, and with the Monologue lasting for up to 8 hours, you don’t have to worry about changing batteries constantly.
Korg KA-350 Power Supply
9V Power Supply
The Korg KA-350 is an official-branded power supply, designed for a range of Korg products including the Monologue. This allows you to power the synthesizer from your mains power supply, for use at home and on the move.
- Powerful monophonic Analogue synthesizer
- Fully programmable, with 100 program memories (80 sounds included, 20 user programs)
- Automatable 16-step buttons for creating complex sequences
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually
- Rugged and stylish with aluminium top panel, chassis-mounted pots, rubber-coated knobs, and real wood back panel
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with SQ1, volca, electribe, and more
- Sleek black finish
- Synthesizer Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 1 voice monophonic
- Keyboards: Slim 25 keys (Velocity sensitive)
- Structure: 2VCO, 1VCF, 1EG, 1LFO, 1VA
- Programs: 100 (80 preset + 20 user)
- Sequencer: 16 steps x 100 programs
- Power Supply: AA batteries x 6 or AC Adapter
- Battery Life: Approx. 6—8 Hours
- Dimensions: 350 x 276 x 76 mm / 13.78” x 10.87” x 2.99”
- Weight: 1.7kg / 3.75 lbs. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: Six AA alkaline batteries
- Colour: Anodised Black