View Full Description
To ensure you have the best possible experience, the sounds of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX have been placed into the heart of the ES520. These Shigeru Kawai instruments can be found in the most prestigious concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are recognised for their outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range. Professional pianists often select these pianos for prestigious events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others.
Now you can play on a Shigeru Kawai. All 88 keys of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX concert grand pianos were painstakingly recorded, then accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms. Unlike other piano manufacturers, Kawai records each note individually to preserve the grand pianos' unique harmonic character. This way, you always get an accurate representation of the original instruments.
But the ES520 doesn't just come with piano sounds. It includes a total of 34 high-quality tones from all over the world, including electric pianos, church organs, strings, choirs, and rhythms. For extra experimentation, the ES520 features Dual playing mode, which enables you to play two different sounds at the same time, such as a piano and strings. The ES520 even includes a Four Hands mode which divides the keyboard into two separate keyboards. This is a must-have for teachers as it enables a teacher and student (or student and student) to play at the same time, while only requiring one instrument.
Natural and authentic touch
Despite being a digital piano, the ES520 has the touch and feel of an acoustic instrument. The Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard has been carefully designed to offer the distinctive touch of an acoustic piano with immaculate detail. Unlike other digital pianos at this price, the ES520 uses a spring-less design that delivers a consistent upward and downward motion for a smooth and natural piano playing experience.
To ensure that you have an authentic experience, the ES520 features a graded keyboard. Just as acoustic pianos utilise heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers, the ES520's keyboard is appropriately weighted for each playing range. Not only does this provide greater stability during loud passages and better control during quieter passages, but it is also great practice for when you decide to move to an acoustic piano.
Integrated app technology
The new PianoRemote app from Kawai puts you in control of the piano. By taking advantage of Kawai's redesigned communication standard, you can now control every aspect of the piano on your phone. The modern and intuitive interface connects to your piano via Bluetooth MIDI and provides an effortless way to adjust settings, change sounds, or enjoy the large amount of built-in music, all from the comfort of an armchair.
Introducing PiaBookPlayer - Kawai's brand new app
Do you often look at a piece of music and wonder how it should sound? With Kawai's brand new PiaBookPlayer app, you can now instantly find out! This brand new app enables you to view the notated scores of the lesson songs and practise pieces built into your digital piano, so now you can listen to them playing with meticulous detail via the Shigeru grand piano sound.
By taking advantage of the wireless Bluetooth MIDI feature built into this piano, you can now listen to your favourite classical piano music from the comfort of your armchair. Want to use the PiaBookPlayer app instead of sheet music? With the app, you can use the piano's soft or sostenuto pedals for hands-free page-turning.
To unlock all of the PiaBookPiano features, make sure you've got the latest software update on your Kawai piano. Head over to the App Store or Play Store to connect your smart device to your piano.
Kawai's collaboration with audio company Onkyo ensures the ES520 has impressive tonal depth. By using premium components to deliver professional-level audio, the ES520 can produce an extremely clear sound with minimal distortion. Onkyo have used their unrivalled knowledge of audio components to ensure a high-fidelity sound with minimal distortion. Even the speakers in the ES520 were designed to produce a flat frequency response to guarantee accurate reproduction of the Kawai SK-EX grand piano.
Included In This Pack
- Keyboard: Responsive Hammer Compact II (RHCII) action
- Number of Keys: 88 weighted keys
- Sound Source: Sound Source Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ (PHI), 88-key piano sampling
- Internal Sounds: 34 sounds (PIANO x 8, E.PIANO x 5, ORGAN x 5, HARPSI/MALLETS x 4, STRINGS/CHOIR x 7, BASS x 5)
- Polyphony: Max. 192 notes
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four Hands Mode (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Type: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Parameters: Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Type: Mono Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Ensemble, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Vibrato Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Classic Phaser, Compressor, Rotary 1, Rotary2
- Parameters: Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Feedback, HighDamp, Depth – Parameters dependent on effect.
- Type: S.Case I, S.Case II, L.Cabinet
- Parameters: Drive, Level, EQ Low, EQ High
- Touch Curve: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off (Constant)
- Voicing: Normal, Mellow 1, Mellow 2 , Dynamic, Bright 1, Bright 2, User Voicing
- Resonance, Noise & Effects: Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Noise, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time
- Temperament & Tuning: Equal, Pure Major, Pure Minor, Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister, Kirnberger, User Temperament, Temperament Key, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning
- Others: Hammer Delay, Minimum Touch, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Internal Recorder: 3 song, 1 track recorder – approximately 5,000 note memory capacity
- Playback: SMF
- Others: Save Internal Song, Load Registration, Save Registration, Rename File, Delete File
- Metronome: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8 + 100 drum rhythms (Volume/Tempo adjustable)
- Demo Songs: 23 sound demo songs
- Registrations: 28 memories (7 x 4)
- Other Settings & Functions: Transpose, Tone Control (incl. Brilliance, UserEQ), Tuning, Damper Hold, Four Hands, Startup Setting, Factory Reset, Auto Power Off,
Auto Display Off, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Bluetooth Audio, Bluetooth Audio Volume, Bluetooth MIDI, Speakers On/Off
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel OLED
- Pedal: F-10H damper pedal (with half-pedal support)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
- Connectors: LINE IN (1/8" STEREO), LINE OUT (1/4" L/MONO, R [unbalanced]), Headphones x 2 (1/4”, 1/8”), MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device, DAMPER (for F-10H), DAMPER/SOFT/SOSTENUTO (for GFP-3/F-302)
- Speakers: (8 x 12 cm) x 2
- Output Power: 20 W x 2
- Power Consumption: 18 w (PS-154 AC adaptor)
- Dimensions (Not including music rest): 1340 (W) x 375 (D) x 145 (H) mm (52 3/4" (W) x 14 2/3" (D) x 5 2/3" (H))
- Weight: 14.5 kg (32 lbs)