View Full Description
All In One Controller
The Akai MPK225 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines software integration, enhanced workflow and core technologies from the iconic MPCs. It comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effects plugins, DAWs and more.
The controller puts 25 semi weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, 8 MPC style pads with RGB feedback, 8 assignable knobs, 4 backlit buttons and onboard transport buttons at your fingertips. Three banks expand the number of knobs and switches (up to 24 and 12) and four pad banks expand the pads (up to 32 total). Plus, the Akai MPK225 is optimised to interface directly with your Mac and PC using USB power plug and play connectivity.
Perform and Record
The Aki MPK225 has a premium piano style keybed with 25 semi weighted keys for an excellent natural response and feel. The velocity sensitive keys are fitted with aftertouch for dynamic recordings and expressive performances. Onboard Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range, play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and more.
MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level are onboard for further inspiration. With MPK225, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
The Akai MPK225 comes complete with Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials for out of the box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK225 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high def virtual synths bring you the best of synthesis technology. Hybrid 3 is a versatile synth that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, all these tools give the MPK225 enough music creation power to kickstart any project.
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Number of Keys: 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 assignable control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"
- Weight: 6.09 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port