View Full Description
All-In-One Production Unit
The Akai MPC X Standalone Production Machine delivers the ultimate production solution in a standalone unit, eliminating the need for a computer. The compact design also makes the MPC X highly portable, allowing you to take your unit anywhere you go, ideal for live performances and collaborations.
The large, bright 10.1” multi-touch screen displays all the information you need and becomes the keystone of your production experience, allowing you to easily navigate through files and make edits on the fly.
The MPC X Production Machine features over 16GB of on-board storage, with over 10GB of premium sound content created by the world's most renowned sound designers including: Loopmasters, CR2, Capsun Pro Audio and more. The heart of the MPC X is natively powered by the MPC Software 2.0, allowing you to run the MPC in standalone mode as well as being able to use the MPC X in conjunction with your favourite DAW for controlling parameters and more.
16 Backlit Classic MPC Pads
The MPC X features a wide variety of high-quality controls, allowing you to use and control every aspect of the MPC Software 2.0. The MPC Sampler features 16 ultra-responsive velocity-sensitive RGB pads which are ideal for finger-drumming as well as triggering samples such as melodies and vocals. The RGB pads are also lit up from the back, perfect for low-light environments from studios to live club performances.
Versatile Performance Controls
16 touch-capacitive Q-Link pot controls with OLED displays are fully-assignable allowing you to precisely automate individual parameters, adding subtle nuances to your productions and performances. In total, the MPC X contains 66 buttons that allow you to directly access and control all aspects of the MPC Software 2.0.
The MPC X’s high-definition screen helps to optimise your workflow, allowing you to easily access every parameter you need with ease. The MPC Software 2.0 features a built-in step sequencer, recording capabilities, sequencing and audio/MIDI editing, as well as XY FX that can be controlled using the dedicated hardware controls.
Versatile Analog Connectivity
The Akai MPC X Standalone Production Machine features a wide range of versatile connectivity, including both analog and digital connections. One of the most unique inputs this MPC boasts is the XLR / ¼’’ Combo inputs with built-in Phantom Power. This allows you to connect studio-grade microphones for capturing high quality recordings, perfect for sampling vocals as well as percussive elements for sampling.
The 4 selectable inputs in total include 2 instrument level jacks as well as a turntable RCA input with ground peg for connecting your turntable for sampling capabilities. The MPC X also boasts an SD card slot for loading samples and projects as well as dual USB-A 3.0 slots for flash drives and MIDI controllers. You can also expand your memory using the 2.5’’ SATA drive connector, allowing to connect either the SSD or HDD hard drive.
Integrated CV Connectivity
Additionally, the MPC X includes eight CV/Gate outputs and a custom CV program which can be configured using the touch-screen display. This gives you unprecedented control of your modular gear and CV compatible synthesizer via MPC X’s premium hardware controls for exceptional sequencing functionality.
New MPC 2.3 Software Features: Plugins, Effects, and Arpeggiator
The new software update gives you three brand new synthesizer plugins built directly into the new update. These synthesisers are a Tubesynth, Bassline, and Electric, all developed by AIR Technology. These synths can accomplish aggressive, sawtooth lead lines, a soft, pulsing bassline and an 80s style Electric piano that is almost instantly recognisable.
These synthesisers also boast new, independent plugin effects. Also developed by AIR Technology, use these plugin effects independently to enhance your synth lines, bass lines, or your drum beats. From ambient reverb to crushing Tube Distortion, these effects continue to enhance your compositions and take them to the next level.
Add another layer of sound sculpting. The new Arpeggiator expands upon your conventional Arp. With four modes to experiment with, use the Arpeggiator to explore your sonic capabilities and apply it to your tracks. For more indepth information on all of these new synthesisers, plugin effects, and Arpeggiator modes, please refer to the MPC 2.3 Software Update Release Notes PDF.
New MPC 2.3 Software Features: Auto-Sample
This update also offers the ability to sample your own favourite synthesizers. The new Auto-Sample feature will allow you to sample any synthesizer preset or VST Plugin preset and turn it into a keygroup program on the MPC. The ‘Auto-Sample’ feature offers a -C2 to G8 octave range and up to four velocity layers. So you can layer textures and build the song you want. You can also edit the note stride, note length, tail length, and loop time. Which means you can capture your chosen sounds accurately and without any kind of unwanted digital artefacts. Once these sounds have been captured, they can be saved into your MPC as a preset and integrated into your set.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC Software 2.0
- 10.1” full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.3 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
- 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC Software 2.0
- 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / ¼” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 instrument level; ¼” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
- 8 outputs: balanced ¼’’ jack
- Dual ¼’’ and 1/8’’ headphone outputs
- 4 full-size MIDI inputs, 2 full-size MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
For specifications, software content and more please refer to the PDF above.
- Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
- Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAWas a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black
- 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
- 6 MPC program modes
- Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks incontroller mode
- Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
- Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
- Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in
- Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
- MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
- Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
- Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
- Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more
- New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
- Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Selectable hardware outputs for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made•Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU
- MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
- Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
- Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
- “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs