View Full Description
Akai MPC Live
The MPC is famed for it’s no-nonsense workflow. Found in the hands of artists such as Kanye West and John Mayer, the interface is designed specifically, to enhance your workflow. The addition of a 7-inch multi-touch screen means musical expression is literally a touch away. Combined with 16 of Akai’s class leading RGB drum pads (backlit, so they’re suitable for any environment) and four touch sensitive control knobs. These are all assignable to specific triggers, controls and even songs, allowing for seamless transitions with the touch of a button. These are the tools that turn the MPC from a machine into an instrument.
A Portable Powerhouse
Not only is the MPC Live crammed with high spec technology - it’s also available on the go. The onboard lithium ION battery can provide up to six hours of continuous use on one charge. It runs with the 2GB of built in RAM and 16GB on-board storage as standard. You get up to 256GB additional memory from external HDD or SSD hard drives via 2.5” SATA connector allowing you to have un-paralleled freedom in where you create music.
Wealth of Connectivity
Designed with producers and performers in mind, the possibilities in and outside of the studio are endless. If you’d like to use the MPC in the studio as a sampler, there are dedicated and grounded RCA inputs to accommodate turntables. There are also two additional ¼” balanced inputs for mixers, sythesizers, drum machines and other instruments.
Performing live, you can monitor your mixes via the dedicated headphone output. Two sets of classic 5-pin MIDI inputs and outputs mean you can trigger other modules you may have, or it can be used as a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface. Two USB 3.0 connections also support both thumb drives for additional samples and memory playback or MIDI controllers. The MPC not only integrates into your setup, it will become the centre point.
MPC 2.0.5 Software
The MPC 2.0.5 software comes with a vast array of cutting-edge production tools. Messy real-time pitch-shifting is no longer a problem with the new sampling algorithms for pitch-shifting and time-stretching. Further still, these samples can be individually mapped to one of the 16 pads, allowing you to independently pitch-shift and/or time-stretch.
Not only is the software accessible on the MPC Live, but also on a desktop or laptop when in controller mode. Expand your eight studio-grade audio tracks on the MPC Live up to 128 when in controller mode. Multi-track capture with multiple monitoring options or make use of the Punch In/Out recording feature. Which is perfect for creating samples like you would a classic analogue sample process.
MPC 2.0.5 helps to empower musicians, producers, and performers alike. This update has made Ableton and any other ‘Link’ enabled software even easier to connect as you can now sync your MPC via Wi-Fi. The built in Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI support also means linking Bluetooth controllers to trigger and control the hugely powerful MPC instruments and kits is easier than ever. Cross-collaboration has never been as simple as it has with the MPC.
UDG Creator Akai MPC Live Hardcase
Highly-Durable Transport Case
The UDG Creator Akai MPC Live Hardcase is the most convenient way to protect and transport your Akai MPC Live Controller. The durable design features lightweight Durashock moulded EVA foam for optimal protection, as well as a laminated nylon exterior that protects against scratches and liquids. The lightweight design and custom moulded, soft-fleece interior ensures every component and control on your Akai MPC Live is protected during transit. With its custom moulded interior and durable construction, the UDG Creator Akai MPC Live Case is ideal for the travelling DJ.
Akai MPC Live
- Standalone MPC - no computer required natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced 1/4-inch jack
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content from TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, and more)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
- Compatible with Mac & PC
- 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks, & 6 MPC program modes
- Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode
- Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting - warp clips, samples and audio regions
- Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
- Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in
- Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools
- MPC's Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality
- Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects
- Global / Track automation - automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
- Reimagined mixer layout - resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
- New Clip Program mode powered by MPC-s real-time warping algorithm
- 'Essential Instruments' - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs
UDG Creator Akai MPC Live Hardcase
- Highly durable transport case
- Custom moulded to fit Akai MPC Live controller
- Protects against impact damage, scratches and liquids
- Moulded EVA material, laminated nylon exterior
- Ultra-lightweight construction, heavy duty carry handle