Sonos PLAY:5 Wireless Music System, Black
Sonos PLAY:5 Wireless Music System, BlackDetails
The Sonos Play:5 Gen 2 Speaker is the ultimate all-in-one listening experience for music lovers with deep rich Hi-Fi sound. This speaker system can be synced all over your house and play music wirelessly. Each Play:5 contains six custom-designed drivers; three tweeters and three mid-range woofers that deliver rich, room-filling sound with crystal clear highs and deep rolling lows. Listen to your favourite music as it was meant to be heard.
Product Ref: 66398View Full Description
Buy on finance from £14.07 per month Finance from £14.07 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Crystal Clear, Room Filling Sound
The Play:5 is custom designed by Sonos to produce rich, room-filling Hi-Fi sound. Each Play:5 contains six state-of-the-art digital Class-D amplifiers that are perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture. Six speakers create a crisp and accurate high frequency response and ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep and rich bass.
All filter settings, active equalisation and time alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry to ensure no loss of audio quality or energy. The Play:5 allows you to optimise sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance and loudness controls. Additionally, volume can be adjusted by individual room or by groups of room. Trueplay tuning measures the acoustics in any room; analysing things like size, layout and furnishings, then fine-tuning your Play:5 to tailor the sound to your room, no matter where you place your speaker.
Access to All Music
The Sonos Play:5 Gen 2 comes pre-loaded with Internet radio stations; browse and get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows and podcasts free of charge. Sonos works seamlessly with a wide range of popular music streaming services and streams content to any room of your choice. You can also play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network. Additionally, an analog input allows you to connect an external audio source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR or radio) and play that music or audio on all of your Sonos devices.
Wireless App Control
You can control all your music and rooms with an Android™ or iOS™ device. A free app allows you control the Play:5 from the palm of your hand. The Sonos Controller app isn't tied to a specific system, so if you have multiple Sonos devices this app lets you can control what music is playing in each room from anywhere in your house. Also included is software which allows you to use any Mac or PC as a controller too.
The Play:5 can go anywhere and deliver music into your home wireless with ease. Music players and controllers work on your home Wi-Fi network or they can establish their own secure network using SonosNet Wireless Mesh Technology. This technology utilises sophisticated MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology and multiple antennas together to boost signal strength and reach remote locations - allowing you play different music in each room simultaneously or sync each room together and play the same music all over your house in perfect unison.
Simple Setup and Expandable Design
The Sonos Play:5 is user-friendly, simple and easy to use. Simply put it in any room and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts and ensures that everything is complete within a matter of minutes. The expandable design means you can start with one Play:5 and wirelessly add more, as and when you desire - press a single button and enjoy true multi-room music.
- Amplifier: Six Class-D Digital Amplifiers
- Tweeters: 3
- Mid-Woofers: 3
- Audio Line-In: Auto-Detecting 3.5mm Audio Line-In Connection
- Stereo Pair Setting: Combine 2 Play:5s within the same room, allowing one Play:5 to serve as the left channel and the other as the right channel
- Supported Audio Formats: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (inc. purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music Services Supported: Compatible with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. Complete list Here.
- Operating Systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet Radio Supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album Art Supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Apple AirPlay Music Sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay® music source, such as an Apple Express® to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every room of the home.
- Playlists Supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, Shuffle, Repeat
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference.
- SonosNet Extender: Extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100 Mbps Port
- Weight: 6.36kg / 14lbs
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 203mm x 364mm x 154mm / 8.03'' x 14.33'' x 6.06''
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, Universal Input
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C / 4°F - 158°F
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 40°C / 32°F - 104°F
- Controls: Touch Interface with Volume Up/Down, Previous/Next Track and Play/Pause
- Status Indicator: Play:5 Status
- Microphones: Two built-in microphones to enable future enhancements of Trueplay tuning. (Microphones are currently non-functional. Users will be notified when microphones are functional and active)
- Product Finish: White Matte or Black Matte with Graphite Grille
- Rubber Feet: Built-In
- Multi-Language Support: Sonos System Software Supports: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates. (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
- 1 Sonos Play:5 Gen 2
- Power Cable
- Line-In Audio Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- Setup Guide
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.