View Full Description
100 Custom-Crafted Combination
To explore the wealth of possibilities that the G5n offers, Zoom continuously collaborate with inspirational, professional guitarists that are known for their taste and love of great guitar sounds. The G5n comes stocked with 100 newly custom-designed patches that both recreate decades of essential guitar tones - like the iconic sounds of Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Michael Schenker and Brian May - and pioneer new territory with combinations exclusively created for the G5n.
Stand out with ''Lead BGN'', a modern lead sound folded into a modulated delay, or ''Phazed'', an intense tube amp sound through a phaser. The ''UFO'' patch harnesses parametric EQ in the style of the lead guitarist of the band of the same name, and then there's ''DreamWorld'', an overdriven crunch enhanced with tape echo and hall reverb. With the Zoom Guitar Lab software, you can look for new effects and amp/cabinet emulators, as well as even more exclusive patches from Zoom's diverse and growing list of G5N creators.
Create Your Signature Sound
Editing is simple and intuitive thanks to the unique, large overview display that allows you to quickly add, delete or change the order of effects - something that's not easily accomplished with the average pedalboard. The G5N also features four independent editing displays for achieving the perfect sound, with each bank providing the responsiveness and hands-on feel of a traditional stompbox. Store up to 200 of your custom effects-chains as patches in the onboard memory, each of which is instantly accessible at the touch of a footswitch.
The expression pedal delivers real-time control over volume, tone or selected effects parameters, while the four stompbox-style footswitches allow you to turn effects on or off on the fly. Providing you with the ability to use up to nine effects and amp/cabinet models simultaneously, chained together or in any order you desire, the G5N is like having hundreds of fully loaded pedalboards in one compact, intuitive and easy to use processor.
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
THe G5N can be easily integrated into any live performance or studio setup, thanks to the standard guitar input and auxiliary stereo input for connecting smart phones or music players. The dedicated headphone jack is perfect for silent practice, while the dual outputs (Mono or stereo L/R) are perfect for connecting guitar amps, PA systems and audio interfaces.
Zoom Guitar Lab and Steinberg's Cubase LE8
Zoom's free Guitar Lab software for Mac/Windows instantly allows you to download new patches, effects and amp/cab simulators. It also includes both a Patch Manager for effects chains and an Effects Manager, with a simple graphic user interface that provides point-and-click control over tweaking, building and naming your custom patches.
The Zoom G5N also comes with a free download license for Steinberg's Cubase LE music production software, allowing you to take your recordings to a professional level. Steinberg's powerful and state-of-the-art audio software is used by creators around the world and now comes with every Zoom G3, G3X, G5 and G5N.
- 68 onboard high-quality digital effects including distortion, overdrive, EQ, compression, delay and reverb
- 5 new amp emulators plus 5 cabinet emulators
- 100 custom-designed factory patches
- Free Zoom Guitar Lab software for Mac/Windows allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Also includes a free download of Steinberg's Cubase LE8
- Use up to 9 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 4 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Built-in expression pedal for real-time control over volume, tone or selected effect parameter
- High output booster circuit for added volume and overdrive
- Intuitive user interface
- 200 memory locations for storage of factory and/or user-created patches
- 4 independent editing displays, plus large overview display
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tuning
- Tuner range of 435 - 445Hz
- Stereo/mono Looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Standard 1/4'' guitar input jack
- Aux input for connecting smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connecting guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Control input for external footpedal (sold separately)
- USB port for firmware updating and patch/effects downloading
- Use as a USB audio interface for Mac/Windows computers with direct zero-latency monitoring of input signal
- Includes an AC adapter
- Effect Types: 78
- 68 DSP Effects
- 5 Amp Emulators
- 5 Cabinet Emulators
- Number of Simultaneous Effects: 9
- Number of User Banks/Patches: 200
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit with 128x Oversampling
- D/A Conversion:24-bit with 128x Oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32-bit
- Frequency Characteristics: 20Hz - 20kHz, +1dB, -3dB (10k?)
- Display: Dot-Matrix LCD
- 128 x 32 Dot-Matrix LCD (x4)
- 256 x 32 Dot-Matrix LCD
- Power: AC Adapter DC9V, 500mA (Zoom AD-16)
- Dimensions: 225mm x 454mm x 75mm (D x W x H)
- Weight: 3.4kg
- Inputs: Standard Phone Jack
- Rated Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 470 k?
- Aux Input: Stereo Mini Jack
- Rated Input Level: -10dBu
- Input Impedance: 10 k?
- Control Input: Zoom FP01/FP02 (Sold Separately)
- L/R: Standard Phone Jack x 2
- L/R Maximum Output Level: Line +5dBu (With Output Load Impedance of 10 k? or More)
- Headphones: Stereo Mini Jack
- Headphones Maximum Output Level: 20mW + 20mW (Into 32 ? Load)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -119dBu (0dBu=0.775 Vrms)
- Noise Floor (Residual Noise): -101dBm