View Full Description
Solid European Alpine Spruce & Macassar Ebony Construction
The Sigma GECE-3+ features a solid European Alpine spruce top, providing the player with a versatile, clear and powerful sound. Alpine spruce produces more 'ringing' tones than other spruce varieties, resulting in a bell-like sound with an abundance of overtones. The versatility on offer allows the GECE-3+ to respond superbly to a wide range of playing styles with ease. In addition, the solid top is attached to visually striking Macassan ebony back and sides that produce clear, loud overtone content with a strong bass response. Macassan ebony is also known for its thick, dark, distinct and old school sound, boasting lots of presence and a broad dynamic range.
Grand OM-14 Fret Cutaway Body
The Sigma GECE-3+ features a grand OM-14 fret cutaway body, which is similar in size and proportion to grand auditorium guitars, providing a versatile instrument, well suited to a wide range of genres and playing styles. With a grand OM-14 fret body combined with its mixture of tonewoods, the Sigma GECE-3+ produces a full low-end, emphasis within the mid-range, and sparkles within the trebles. Its versatility makes the GECE-3+ able to handle both lighter fingerpicking styles to meatier strumming patterns with ease, perfect for adding a range of dynamics to a player's individual musical style. Furthermore, the grand OM body also offers a comfortable playing experience due to its curvaceous shape and nipped in waist, providing comfort throughout both seated and standing performances. For added comfort, the GECE-3+ has a venetian cutaway profile, offering easy access to upper frets and more challenging chords.
Equipped with Fishman Flex Plus
The Sigma GECE-3+ comes equipped a Fishman Flex Plus system, perfect for the performing musician. Its elegantly designed Fishman Flex Plus system features highly detailed and stylized knobs that have been designed with ergonomics in mind. Additionally, the Flex Plus also features volume, bass, and treble controls for a precise, smooth performance. With this, the player is able to shape their amplified sound to personal preference with ease.
Mahogany Neck & Micarta Fingerboard
Constructed from mahogany, the Sigma's neck offers a quick and dynamic response to numerous techniques while adding further amounts of resonant-warmth. Additionally, the neck has a low profile for added comfort and a better grip in each position up and down the neck. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a micarta fingerboard which offers a smooth playing experience whilst adding sonically pleasing tones to the guitar's overall sound. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard is graced with unique mother of pearl inlays, adding elegance to its stylish look.
The GECE-3+ features a bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
- Solid top for a rich sonic performance
- Cutaway profile provides easy access to more challenging chords
- Perfect for the gigging guitarist or performing singer/songwriter
- Grand OM-14 fret cutaway body provides an ideal all-purpose instrument
- Abalone rosette, nickel hardware and ebony buttons offer performance-ready appearance
- Macassan ebony body provides eye-catching and visually striking look with dark and distinct tonal output
- Combination of tonewoods produces distinct and pleasing sound that offers a unique response to a wide range of playing styles
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid European Apline Spruce
- Body Material: Macassan Ebony
- Body Size: Grand OM-14 Fret Cutaway
- Bridge: Micarta
- Finish: Ultra Thin UV
- Colour: Natural
- Rosette: Abalone
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Fingerboard Material: Micarta
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Nut Material: Bone
- Finish: Ultra Thin UV
- Scale Length: 645 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Nickel w/ Ebony Buttons
- Preamp: Fishman Flex Plus
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Bass/Treble