View Full Description
Huge 100-Watt Headroom with Power Scaling
With 6L6 power tubes providing American-style grunt and nuance, the Mesa Boogie Lone Star has a huge 100 watts of power which is more than enough for any gig or recording session. A master Tweed option lets you run the amp in a reduced-power mode, creating a built-in Variac effect with reduced voltage for a 'spongier' feel and an earlier onset of overdrive. The Lone Star's two channels also feature independent 10/50/100-watt switches, so you can setup the perfect headroom level and break-up characteristics you require; whether that's 100 watts of crystalline clarity, 10 watts of early-onset overdrive for a bubbly sound with complex overtones, or a balanced 50-watt mode for the perfect break-up at gigging levels.
Twin Channel Versatility
The Lone Star's two channels feature independent EQ for complete tonal sculpting. Channel one offers a beautiful clean tone with 100 watts of unbridled headroom, capable of being pushed into light overdrive by reducing the wattage. Channel two can either be a (slightly-heavier) duplicate of channel one, or a vintage-style cascading overdrive with complex overtones and rich harmonic content.
Rectification and Bias Select
The Lone Star can be set with valve rectification for a bubbly sound with tube-like 'sag', or with silicon rectification for a fast and articulate response with incredible clarity. Should you prefer the sound of EL34 valves, simply switch in your own tubes and flick the bias switch for an effortless tonal change without worrying about biasing the amp.
The Lone Star has a buffered FX loop and multiple speaker outputs, letting you integrate your effects pedals and cabinet selection with ease. A slave output lets you send a signal to an external poweramp/speaker for a thicker sound.
A tube-driven long spring reverb gives your tone a lush ambience to complement your sound. With independent levels on each channel, you can easily setup the perfect sound between clean and drive sounds.
Rugged Marine-Grade Cabinet
The Lone Star amp is packaged with a rugged aluminium chassis and mounted in a marine-grade Baltic birch cab to withstand a lifetime of gigging and touring. The dual Celestion Custom 90 speakers project your tones with width, clarity and punch, along with a breathy ambience courtesy of the open-back cab design.
Guitar Player Magazine gave the Lone Star their Editor's Pick Award:
"The Lone Star can deliver so many incredible shades of tone that where you take the amp is totally up to you. But wherever you go, rest assured the Lone Star will deliver enough lows, mids, highs, headroom, sag, and overdrive to match your sonic aspirations. The Lone Star is one fabulous boutique-oriented, multifaceted, versatile, tone-spewing beauty, and it absolutely earns an Editors' Pick Award."
Read the full review on the Guitar Player Magazine Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith as a small repair shop. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers including Carlos Santana and Ron Wood, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with a key range of amplifiers including the Mark series, the Rectifier series, and the Express line. With players in all genres from progressive metal to blues, rock, jazz, alt-rock and more, Mesa Boogie is widely regarded as one of the ultimate premium amplifier manufacturers, with a huge fan-base and diverse range of professional players.
- 2 channels with independent EQ
- Channel 1 = clean, channel 2 = clone of channel 1 or cascading drive channel
- 3 voicings on channel 2 (normal, thick, thicker)
- Master volume and additional Solo volume level
- 50 watts through 6L6 valves
- Bias select switch to easily install EL34 valves
- Switchable valve/silicon diode rectification
- 1/2 power Tweed output option
- Marine-grade Baltic Birch cab and aluminium chassis
- Celestion Custom 90 speakers
- 2 button footswitch and fitted slip cover included
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 100 Watts RMS Max - Switchable 50 or 10 Watts per channel
- Valves: 4 x 6L6 Power Tubes / 5 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 2
- Ch. 1 = Clean
- Ch. 2 = Ch. 1 Clone (slightly higher gain) or Drive Channel
- Channels 1-2: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Multi-Watt Switch (100/50/10 Watts), Ch.2 Voicing Switch (Thick/Normal/Thicker), Ch.2 Drive
- Master: Output Volume, Solo Volume, Power (Off, Tweed, Full), Standby
- Rear: Send Level, Reverb (Ch.1/Ch.2), Reverb (Bright/Warm), Bias Select (EL34/6L6), Slave Level, Rectifier Tracking (Silicon Diode/Tube), Fan (on/off), FX Loop (on/bypass)
- Footswitchable Functions: Channel Select, Solo Boost
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), FX Loop Send/Return
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x 8 Ohm, 2 x 4 Ohm, Slave Output
- Speaker: 1 x 12'' Celestion Custom 90 - 8 Ohms
- Chassis Material: Aluminium
- Cabinet Material: Marine-grade Baltic Birch
- Accessories: Included - 2-button footswitch (Ch.1/2, Solo), Fitted Slip Cover
- Dimensions: 20 1/4'' H x 26 3/4'' W x 11 3/4'' D
- Weight: 35 .83 Kg