View Full Description
Make sonic dreams a reality
Distinct, unique, and everything you've dreamed of. Ever craved the rare tone and head-turning look of koa? Stop right here. This instrument provides the versatility, and dynamics you know and love while its unique construction allows you to dip your toes in koa's sonic waters. Limitless tone has arrived...
Re-think your average Electro Acoustic. And explore a sonic world where almost anything is possible. Made with a solid sitka spruce top and a koa fine veneer, this SC-13E will stay with you for many performances to come. Bringing you a sound that just keeps on giving. And a tone that blossoms with age. Sitka spruce delivers a strong, clear, defined tone with beautiful articulation. And an immense dynamic range. Making it superbly responsive to your individual technique too. It also features a koa fine veneer, adding road-ready durability with an authentic character. Delve into sonic haven from the first strum, and test-drive an instrument that's certainly going to have you head over heels...
A Martin first...
One of a kind. Unique, limitless, everything you've been looking for. The ultimate instrument for true expression has arrived. All-new for 2020, Martin has listened to your wishes, and have answered your prayers with this distinctive, Martin-original body shape. Bringing you an asymmetrical body that defies acoustic nature, and puts your performance into a whole new league.
Beautiful, unmatched Martin bloom and boom. And a feel like never before. It's time to change the game. This is an instrument with one sole purpose, and that's to give you iconic Martin sound in any live setting. It just fits beautifully into a band environment, and you'll certainly always be heard. Play it loud. And do what Martin's are known for - push that tone to the back of the room. You've got nothing to be scared of. It just keeps on giving. Plus, thanks to its special design, the SC-13E offers one of the most balanced live sounds yet. Bringing you more gain, before feedback. And with its asymmetrical body, the SC-13E gives you the comfort needed to get deep into your creativity - every time.
Effortless. Imagine comfort, all the way up the neck. Imagine playing fast-paced leads in any position. Imagine playing for longer, without limits? This Martin SC-13E breaks the mould of acoustic guitar. And brings you playability that provides deep, indulgent comfort while giving you the ultimate platform to shred like the legend you are. Yes, shred. On an acoustic. Forget what you already know. And say hello to acoustic haven.
All the techniques you thought were, unconventional? Everything you thought you couldn't play. Wave goodbye to tradition. As this is a scintillating electric feel, but with iconic Martin nature. Thanks to Martin's patent-pending Sure Align neck, there's nothing to stop you playing your way. Blending a high-performance taper with a new low-profile Velocity shape. The result - a sensational, unmatched feel, night after night. And, with a slice removed from the heel and sublimely smooth contours, you'll always play with precision. Take back control, and explore an instrument with unparalleled access to upper frets. An instrument where your wrist never suffers. And an instrument where your freedom and comfort, takes number one priority.
Unforgettable live performance
A journey of simplicity and natural sound. This is a design that was birthed for the stage. A guitar that ensures play with true confidence. No hassle, no inconveniences. As this is an instrument that puts limits in the closet. From tip to toe, the SC-13E was meticulously designed for the limelight. Bringing you sonic balance and more gain before feedback in any live environment. Plus, a discreet Fishman MX-T and a Fishman pickup capture all that sonic magic of the SC-13E. Delivering a dynamic, natural tone that rumbles with richness. Fishman are also known among many artists for making live performance everything it should be. So, it's time to explore a goose-bump-inducing tone that won't disappoint.
Unmistakable Martin feel
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation, and premier craftsmanship. Bringing you some of the best acoustic guitars possible. Martin's iconic tone is world-renowned, and their playability has become an important characteristic that puts Martin guitars in a league of their own. And, with their revolutionary Plek process, Martin guitars truly maintain their undeniably majestic tone.
Precision for the ultimate feel and tone. This special Plek process involves a computer-controlled device that scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions. It's strung, and tuned to pitch for precise string tension emulation. An incredible process that's been a major breakthrough over the last decade. This is because the machine's meticulous attention to detail identifies exactly what needs to be done to bring you perfect fretwork. It's an innovative machine that brings you flawless results. Experience premium quality with an unmistakable tone and feel.
- Product: Martin SC-13E Electro Acoustic, Natural
- Code: SC-13E
- Series: Road Series
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Koa Fine Veneer
- Body Type: S-13 Fret Cutaway
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Bridge Style: Sloped Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32''
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16''
- Bracing Pattern: Tone Tension X Brace
- Brace Shape: Treble Side Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Blue with Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Aperture Design with Multi-Stripe
- Top Material Finish: Gloss
- Back/Sides Material Finish: Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Construction: Sure Align Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Neck Shape: Low Profile Velocity
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joins Body At: 13th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl Pattern and Celestial Blue Dot
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: SC-13 Style
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Scale Length: 25.4 ''
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 Custom Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA535T
- Pickguard: Brown Tortoise Pattern
- Knob: Butterbean
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
- Included Accessories: Soft-Shell