View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce Top & Solid Indonesian Mahogany Body
The Faith Naked Venus 12-String features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with Indonesian mahogany back and sides that add warmth, resonance and plenty of emphasis to the bass and trebles. The combination of tonewoods provides the player with rich ringing sustain, and a complex, full-bodied sound that is more well-known as the 'classic' acoustic voice.
Mahogany Neck & Indonesian Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Naked Venus 12-String offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an Indonesian ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Faith took their inspiration for the Venus from auditorium sized guitars and created their own iconic Venus shape that provides the player with easy, comfortable playability and versatile sonic performance. Additionally, the Venus shape is also an idyllic all-purpose guitar that offers a balanced and articulate response with great volume and projection, equally-suited to both fingerpicking and strumming. Furthermore, to add to the comfortable playability, the Faith Naked Venus 12-String also has a venetian cutaway profile which offers easy access to upper frets, allowing the player to perform more technical skills without being restricted higher up the fingerboard.
Stripped Back Cosmetics
The aptly named Naked Venus has been stripped down of unnecessary cosmetics and finishes, leaving the Faith Naked Venus 12-String in its natural, 'Naked' state. With a 2-stage satin finish all over, the guitar offers a smooth, stylish and natural look as well as an enhanced tone. In addition, its entire satin finish leaves the tonewoods completely unrestricted, providing the player with superb resonance and a sound that is up and beyond what is expected at this price range. Lastly, equipped with chrome hardware, abalone rosette, classic Faith headstock and F logo inlaid in mother of pearl, the Faith Naked Venus offers a natural yet stylish appearance that is certain to look great wherever you play.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
- All-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Perfect for the gigging 12-string player due to on-board electronics
- Ideal all-purpose guitar due to Venus body
- Venus body provides incredibly comfortable playing experience, perfect for long enduring sets
- Cutaway profile provides easy access to upper frets and more challenging chords
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic voice
- Faith precision machineheads for precise and easy tuning
- Stripped back cosmetics and 2-stage satin finish for an unrestricted resonant movement
- Abalone rosette and mother of pearl F inlay for added aesthetic appeal
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Indonesian Mahogany
- Body Type: Venus - Auditorium
- Bridge Type: Indonesian Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Abalone Dot
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Finish: 2-Stage Satin
- Colour: Natural
- Rosette: 2 mm Abalone
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Material: Indonesian Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: 'F' Logo 12th Fret
- Nut Material: NuBone
- Nut Width: 43 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Tuning Machines: Faith Precision
- Pickup: Undersaddle
- Preamp: Side Mounted