View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce & Solid Mahogany Construction
The Faith Eclipse Mercury Scoop features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and a slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with solid mahogany back and sides that add warmth, resonance and plenty of emphasis to the bass and trebles. This pleasing tonewood combination provides the player with a rich, complex, and full-bodied sound that is more well-known as the 'classic' acoustic voice. The overall tone produced combined with its 12-strings project a rich, robust sound, ringing sustain and remarkable resonance.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Eclipse Venus offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Faith's Venus Body
Faith took their inspiration for the Venus from auditorium sized guitars and created their own iconic Venus shape that provides the player with comfortably-easy playability and a versatile sonic performance. Additionally, the Venus shape is also an idyllic all-purpose guitar that offers a balanced and articulate response with great volume and projection, equally-suited to both fingerpicking and strumming. Furthermore, to add to the comfortable playability, the Faith Eclipse Venus also has a venetian cutaway profile which offers easy access to upper frets, allowing the player to perform more technical skills without being restricted higher up the fingerboard.
Equipped with a Shadow Stereo preamp and Shadow Nanoflex 6 pickup, the Eclipse Venus 12-String offers basic sound tweaking for live, studio and rehearsal environments. Additionally, its Shadow Nanoflex pickup captures the acoustic's natural voice and projects it purely, clearly, and faithfully. The Eclipse Venus also has a Shadow Stereo preamp that features a convenient on-board tuner for precise and easy tuning on-the-go. Furthermore, the preamp provides tone tweaking controls for optional sound shaping when plugged in, including volume, treble, middle, and bass. Lastly, a phase button is also featured which prevents undesirable feedback when plugged-in.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
- Hardcase included
- All-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Solid flamed maple binding for an enhanced tone and added aesthetic appeal
- Grover rotomatic machineheads keeps tuning and intonation precise and stable
- 12-String construction projects incredibly rich and distinct tone that provides extra depth to performance
- Sonically-versatile mixture of tonewoods accommodates blues, roots music, slide techniques, pop, rock, country, folk and much more
- Black gloss finish, chrome hardware, abalone rosette and MOP 'F' inlay provides stage-ready appearance, perfect for the player with an edgy-vibe
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: Venus - Auditorium Cutaway
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bridge Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Boarder
- Colour: Black
- Finish Type: Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Colour: Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design (12th Fret Join)
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 47 mm
- Truss Rod: 2 Way
- Scale Length: 645 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickup: Shadow Nanoflex 6
- Preamp: Shadow L4020HEX Stereo
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Bass/Middle/Treble/Phase/Tuner
- Case: Faith Hardcase Included