View Full Description
Version 2.0 Update
It only gets better. BOSS are committed to giving you the best possible experience, which is why they've created a free update to expand the Katana's capabilities. This update to the Boss Tone Studio app brings a host of new features:
- Contour Settings: Adds three different Contour settings, each with four customisable frequency curves to allow you finer control of your core tone.
- New Solo Block In FX Chain: Kick in those mighty lead tones with ease. A moveable Solo block lets you refine your virtuoso voice to your liking. It can even be assigned for on/off control via an external footswitch, or the GA-FC foot controller.
- New EQ Block In FX Chain: Shapes your tone within the effects chain, granting even more sound refinement.
- Two New Effects: Centa OD adds a Booster block to pump up your signal, and the Solo EQ adds a Solo block for searing lead sections.
- Three Global EQs: Allows you to quickly switch between EQ settings for different guitars or styles.
- Expanded Cab IR Capabilities: Expand your recording and live possibilities with extra IR options. These include selectable microphone types and positions to afford you greater control on your direct sound.
Sensational tube tone
Authentic tube feel, every time you plug in. The Boss Katana MKII ensures every player can experience the coveted sound of a genuine tube amplifier in a design that's built for the modern stage. Using Boss's Tube Logic approach, the Katana MKII becomes richer and more responsive as you crank up the volume. And, thanks to an incorporated power control, finding that tube tone sweet spot is simpler than ever. Just dial back the wattage and maintain high volume to unleash inspiring crunch tones in any environment, without bringing the house down.
No one should have to compromise on their tone. And the Boss Katana MKII ensures you have the freedom to push your amp to its full potential, wherever you are.
As guitarists, we are constantly exploring the expansive world of amp tone. Which is exactly why Boss have loaded the Katana MKII with five different amp characters for you to indulge in. The Clean setting gives you all the crisp, natural clarity you crave, while the Crunch option provides those gritty, blues-rock tones that defined an era.
The next step is Lead. Soaring melodies and scorching distorted tones for solos of any genre - and we mean any genre. For the gain-lovers; Brown. From chugging to shredding, the Brown setting is born for all things metal. And finally, an Acoustic mode for that soothing, resonant voice that'll make your electro-acoustic sparkle with character. Truthfully, there really isn't anything the MKII can't do.
And we're still not done. In this second incarnation of the Katana, Boss have added two variants for each amp character. So players now have 10 amp tones to experiment with, unearthing even more sonic possibilities for your sound. And, with 4 integrated memory slots, you can save your sculpted tones and access them whenever you need to with the touch of a button. It's this extensive versatility that makes the Katana MKII Boss's most functional amp to date, and why players now have the power to truly explore their creativity to its fullest.
Let your creativity flourish
Decorate your tone. The Boss Katana MKII comes equipped with five simultaneous effects categories for you to sculpt, shape, and innovate your sound. But these effects aren't just your standard, factory presets – they're fully customisable, putting the tone-shaping power of an entire pedalboard right inside your amplifier. Boosts, delay, reverb, and so much more; the MKII features three variations of each effect, gifting you with 15 ways to colour your sound right out of the box.
But this is merely the tip of the iceberg. Because the Boss Tone Studio lets you dive deeper. Much deeper. Home to over 60 (yes, 60) different effect types, there really is no end to your creative potential. Change the order of your virtual pedal chain, and discover the capabilities of your favourite boss effects. You can even alter your mic'd cab emulation setting to find the precise tone you require. Because Boss know the best way to enhance creativity, and remove all restrictions for the player.
The Katana Series
The Katana Series of amps from Roland's Boss division embodies their pursuit of finding the ultimate rock sound, calling upon years of research and design to deliver redefined rock tones. Built using traditional craftsmanship with new and innovative designs, the Katana amps offer class-defying tones with an excellent touch response and presence. Taking inspiration from the Japanese sword of the same name, the amps provide a smooth, cutting tone perfect for gigging musicians, as well as for use in recording and practicing.
- Power Output: 50 W
- Nominal Input Level:
- Input: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- Aux In: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker: 1x 30 cm (12 inches)
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Main Controls: Power, Master, Power Control Switch (Standby, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W)
- Amp Type Switch: Acoustic, Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown
- Controls: Gain, Volume, Variation Button
- Equalizer: Bass, Middle, Treble
- Multi Effect: Booster, Mod, Delay, FX, Reverb, Tap
- Tone Setting: CH1 and CH2 button, Panel Button
- Input Jack: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Power Amp In Jack: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Aux in Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- Rec Out/Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Exp Pedal/Ctl Ch1/Ch2 Jack: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type
- USB Port: USB B Type
- AC in Jack
- Width: 18-9/16” (470mm)
- Depth: 9-3/8” (238mm)
- Height: 15-11/16” (398mm)
- Weight: 11.6kg
- Owner's Manual
- Power Cord