View Full Description
Sonarworks SoundID Reference extended 60-day free trial
Included with all Adam Audio A series is an extended free trial of Sonarworks SoundID Reference software. In collaboration with Sonarworks, Adam Audio offers 60 free days of precision acoustic environment calibration software. SoundID Reference measures your studio space and adjusts the output of your monitoring system for sonic accuracy. You can also choose different settings to make your monitors replicate different audio environments. With A Control, you can fully integrate SoundID reference directly with your monitors, export calibration profiles from the software and install them directly into the monitors. this allows you to use SoundID Reference capabilities without using the software on your control device. Seamless integration of the SoundID software with the Adam Audio A series is useful for any studio professional. Additionally, you will need a measurement microphone to use the software in your studio. A fantastic bonus to the Adam Audio A series, the Sonarworks SoundID Reference software will boost your studio experience. Redeem the 60-day free trial when registering your A series speakers in the MyADAM section of adam-audio.com.
ADAM Audio A4V Active Studio Monitor
Rotatable HPS waveguide technology
Utilising cutting-edge technology, ADAM Audio has created one of the most efficient tweeters available within studio monitors. The X-Art Tweeter alongside the newly introduced rotatable HPS (high-frequency propagation system) waveguide technology delivers a consistent dispersion resulting in a broad horizontal axis with a highly focused vertical plane. The HPS technology means you can shift the tweeter in 90-degree steps so it's suitable for both horizontal and vertical orientations. This allows you to enjoy resonant and distortion-free sound reproduction ensuring the best possible audio fidelity and sound performance.
X-ART Tweeter delivers sparkling high-end
The X-ART tweeter is based on ADAM Audio’s proprietary X-ART principle, with a slim pleated foil is used for the tweeter’s diaphragm for added precision and optimal quality in the high-end frequency range. The precise transient response of the X-ART tweeter ensures the best possible audio quality, retaining every nuance of the original signal for optimal transparency and audio fidelity.
Hybrid amplification provides powerful sound
At the heart of the A4V is a duality of amplifiers combining the best elements of analog and digital technology to deliver a linear performance with minimal distortion. Hand-picked for its efficiency and power; the dual-amplified design provides the perfect balance of transparent sound reproduction and power consumption.
Driven by Class-D amplifiers, the woofers deliver low thermal dissipation which allows for a smaller heat sink, which overall results in improved power and performance. The tweeter is powered via Class AB amplifiers which provide natural reproduction of the high frequencies. Each amplifier has been specially chosen to suit each component, resulting in a fine-tuned, proper aligned speaker.
Multi-layer mineral woofer
Custom-designed woofers are at the front and centre of the ADAM Audio A4V. Constructed from a unique blend of mineral stone fibres, baked together to create an ultra-lightweight and highly stable cone, the tonal character of the A4V is unparalleled. This proprietary design and construction choice is chosen to pair with the specific driver and amplifier used in the speaker, helping to create a harmonious, responsive and clean sound that produces immaculate output at all volume ranges with no audible distortion.
Introducing custom ‘Voicing’ sound profiles
One of the most innovative new features of the A-Series is ‘Voicings’. Voicings are pre-defined sound profiles that allow you to adapt to any situation. The three Voicing settings are comprised of UNR (Uniform Natural Response), Pure and Ext (extended functionality).
UNR delivers a natural-sounding response curve, custom-designed by ADAM Audio to replicate the sound of legacy products such as the AX series. It is the perfect sound profile for songwriting and composition, providing an engaging sound to will spark your creativity. It is also the best option for casual music listening.
Pure provides the utmost accuracy with an overall natural sound. Comparable to other speakers’ flat settings, the ‘Pure’ setting is perfect for mixing and mastering applications.
Lastly, Ext allows you to load up custom-made voicings and response you dial in using the A Control app via Ethernet connection. Here, you can customise your sound with a six-band EQ, allowing you to tune in the exact frequency curve you need to work with your style of music or listening environment.
Versatile DSP control
Newly developed for the ADAM Audio A4V is the introduction of DSP-based software control over your monitors. Onboard Ethernet connectivity allows you to download and install the latest firmware, voicing and filter updates to ensure your product is up to date and future-proof.
This state-of-the-art control lets you adjust virtually every parameter of your speaker system simultaneously, including everything from EQ and delay from various listening positions within your studio as well as volume level all without ever reaching for your speakers.
Create the perfect listening experience even without treatment
Developed in collaboration with Sonarworks, the ADAM Audio A4V is designed to adapt to your requirements and environment. Four filters target the most problematic frequency ranges that will typically result in an unbalanced listening experience. Toggled via the onboard switches found on the back of the speaker, you can tailor the response of your A4V to your exact needs, taking into consideration the lows, low-midrange, high-midrange and treble range that can be affected by your room dimensions or speaker positioning. With over 100 tuning options available, you'll be able to tackle problems from your desk or room seamlessly.
Take this to the next level using the A Control software app. In this app, you can load advanced filter frequencies directly to your monitors to help compensate for imperfections in your listening environment. Hear your monitors the way they are meant to be heard and unlock the key to mixes that translate on different systems.
Redesigned cabinet for improved performance
An important aspect of speaker design is the baffle. An improperly tuned baffle will lead to unwanted resonances and distortion at high listening levels. The new ADAM Audio A4V is built on the heritage of the AX series but with evolved design for an even better listening experience. Constructed with thicker, reinforced walls the A4V is extremely sturdy whilst also being incredibly lightweight, helping to minimise internal vibrations. This is combined with a newly designed front-mounted flared port design which optimises airflow and works alongside the newly designed baffle to put an end to unwanted low-end distortion at high listening levels. Additionally, deeper bevelling around the front of the baffle helps to reduce diffraction for a more linear response.
For smaller studios or entertainment systems where space is at a premium, the A4V offers wall-mounting solutions via the onboard M8 threaded screw holes to accommodate a wide range of mounting plates.
Studio Monitor Speaker Stands, Pair
These speaker stands have telescopic columns for easy height adjustment so you can position your speakers at exactly the level you need. The heavy duty bases are layered with non-slip rubber pads to keep the stands firmly in place. Also included is alternative supports to protect wooden floors or carpets.
- Solution for every space with rotatable HPS waveguide to use your monitors horizontally or vertically
- Stunning propagation of high frequencies results in vast stereo soundscapes
- Address common unwanted room reflections with onboard room adaptation for precise monitoring in any environment
- Developed in collaboration with Sonarworks, rear-mounted acoustic adaptation corrects your speaker response for an improved listening experience
- Premium design and components deliver superior audio performance for hyper-accurate mixing
- Class-D amplifier used in the woofer perfectly combines with Class A/B amp used in the tweeter to deliver an impressive SPL range
- Lightweight, reinforced and highly stable baffle helps to effectively eliminate internal vibrations and unwanted distortion and artefacts for a clean and precise low-end
- Redesigned front-mounted flare bass port helps to minimise noise by optimising airflow throughout your speaker
- Two voicing options with 'Pure' mode, offering a flat and neutral sound that's ideal for mixing, mastering and critical listening
- Uniform Natural Response voicing takes cues from classic ADAM monitors such as the AX series for an inspiring and dynamic soundscape
- Save space in your studio and mount your speakers to your wall via four M8 threaded screw holes, compatible with a wide range of mounts
- Remote control operation lets you control virtually all monitor parameters from your listening position without reaching behind your speakers
- Ethernet connectivity ensures future-proof design by downloading the latest DSP firmware and software updates
- Designed to seamlessly work in a multi-speaker arrangement for surround sound applications
ADAM Audio A4V Active Studio Monitor
- Tweeter: Rotatable X-ART Tweeter + HPS Waveguide
- Woofer: 1x 4-inch MLM woofer with 25 mm / 1-inch voice coil
- Frequency response at -6dB: 53 Hz - 42 kHz
- Maximum SPL per speaker at 1 m: 100 dB
- AD convertor: 24-bit
- Internal sample rate: 96 kHz
- Amplifier power RMS: 110 W (woofer) + 20 W (tweeter)
- Crossover frequency: 3.0 kHz
- Power rating: 300 W max
- Analog Input (balanced): 1x XLR
- Analog Input (unbalanced): 1x RCA
- Net Weight: 5.8 kg
- Gross Weight: 7.3 kg
- Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D): 268 x 158 x 220 mm
- Product code: 12105200-STANDS
Studio Monitor Speaker Stands, Pair
- Heights 83, 91, 99, 107, 115 cm
- Speaker Platform: Solid Metal - 230mm x 230mm
- Maximum Load: 18kg per stand
- Base Size: 45cm
- Plate Size: 23cm