View Full Description
Constant Directivity Delivers Consistent Sound
The PreSonus CDL12 Loudspeaker employs cutting-edge technology to deliver a concise and consistent sound. Through years of research and development, PreSonus have created this unique patent-pending design.
The Constant-Directivity Two-Way design delivers a focused pattern with a consistent SPL and an ultra-wide frequency range. The resulting sound is clear and rich, with high intelligibility for speech and natural sound reproduction.
Unique Segmented Circular-Arc Array
This 12-inch loudspeaker is perfect for both FOH and commercial music venues. The CDL12 employs a unique design with a segmented circular-arc HF array. This is centered in front of the woofer, providing exceptional coverage
The low-frequency driver’s output works in conjunction with the high-frequency array to delivers a centred radiation of sound. This makes the loudspeaker highly versatile and suitable for use in a vertical array or used on a single tripod speaker stand.
Consistent SPL for Scalable Vertical Coverage
The unique hybrid point source/line array provides a highly focused sound with consistent SPL. It works on or off axis for added flexibility, making it ideal for a wide range of venues and spaces. It features integrated pin-loaded hardware for quick and easy rigging.
The dual-angle pole mount, provides support or up to two enclosures when on a tripod stand. It is also designed to work in conjunction with the CDL18s subwoofer, adapting to larger audience sizes.
Integrated 500 x 500W Class D Power Amplifier
The CDL12 features a built-in PDA-1000 500W x 500W Class D amplifier. It includes integrated DSP presets for helping to simplify array configurations. The amplifier delivers enough power to work with most venue spaces. The CDL12 can also be connected to a LAN network, allowing you to remotely control the settings using WorxControl.
When using the WorxControl (Calibration software for macOS and Windows) you can access speaker-management tools for in-depth control. The software includes compression, limiting and 800ms of delay. It also includes an 8-band EQ with a range of selectable filters including: High Pass, Low Pass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Notch, All Pass and Band Pass. These can be used to compensate for various spaces to optimise the acoustic performance of the CDL12.
Dante Connectivity and More
Dante connectivity can be used for creating arrays and speaker management. The locking Ethernet connection provides audio networking via Dante connectivity. Dante is a multi-channel digital media network technology, providing near-zero latency performance and synchronisation.
The CDL12 features a single line input channel in the form of an XLR connection. The output is a direct line XLR output. These can be used for syncing with other loudspeakers and subwoofer units. It also includes indicators for over temperature, signal, -3dB, limiter, clip and network status for added convenience.
- Ideal as a portable PA for musicians and DJs or for small to midsize permanent installations
- Compact, lightweight form factor with high speech intelligibility and robust music reproduction characteristics provides exceptional value
- Hybrid point source / line array with Constant Directivity Loudspeaker design for consistent SPL coverage both on- or off-axis
- Integrated rigging hardware that can accommodate up to six enclosures when flown
- 120° horizontal by 20° vertical dispersion
- 120° x 120° coverage with reduced variation in SPL levels when flying six enclosures
- 420 Hz crossover frequency minimizes comb filtering
- Dante enabled with accessible system tuning via WorxControl
- 500 x 500 watt class D amplifier with on-board DSP presets
- Robust Neutrik powerCon In and Out connectivity
- 2-inch x 8 HF, 20-degree driver array with 1-inch voice coils
- Custom 12-inch LF Driver with 2.5-inch voice coil
- Configuration: Active 2-way
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 48 Hz – 18 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 42 Hz – 19 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 120° x 20° per enclosure
- Maximum Peak SPL: 131 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 420 Hz
- LF Transducer: 12” (2.5” voice coil)
- HF Transducer: 8 x 2” (1” Voice Coil)
- Type: Class D
- Total Power Output: 2000W Peak, 1000W Program (500W RMS)
- LF Power: 1000W Peak, 500W Program (250W RMS)
- HF Power: 1000W Peak, 500W Program (250W RMS)
- Cooling: Free air convection
- Rated THD: < 0.05 percent (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 119 dB (A-weighted)
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Mains Connection: powerCON™ In and Out
- Material: 15 mm Eucalyptus plywood
- Finish: Chemline™ Polyurea
- Grille: Powder-coated steel
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 18.6” x 20.8” x 17.5” (473 mm x 529 mm x 444.5 mm)
- Unit Weight: 65 lbs. (29.5 kg)