View Full Description
The choice of world-class pianos
To ensure you have the best possible experience, the sounds of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX have been placed into the heart of the ES920. These Shigeru Kawai instruments can be found in the most prestigious concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are recognised for their outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range. Professional pianists often select these pianos for prestigious events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others.
Now you can play on a Shigeru Kawai. All 88 keys of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX concert grand pianos were painstakingly recorded, then accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms. Unlike other piano manufacturers, Kawai records each note individually to preserve the grand pianos' unique harmonic character. This way, you always get an accurate representation of the original instruments.
But the ES920 doesn't just come with piano sounds. It includes 38 high-quality tones from all over the world, including electric pianos, organs, strings, choirs, and synths. For extra experimentation, the ES920 features Dual playing mode, which enables you to play two different sounds at the same time, such as a piano and strings. The ES920 even includes a Four Hands mode which divides the keyboard into two separate keyboards. This is a must-have for teachers as it enables a teacher and student (or student and student) to play at the same time, while only requiring one instrument.
The grand piano experience
Thanks to Kawai's class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action, you can now experience the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano. With its realistic movement and rigid, springless design, you will never look back at your old piano again. Kawai's attention to detail has resulted in structural noise and key wobble being kept do a minimum, even during staccato and fortissimo passages.
Similar to all of Kawai's pianos, the ES920's keyboard has been weighted to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano. For additional realism, the ES920 features counterweights which have been embedded within each key. These balanced weights will lighten the touch of the keys during gentle passages, while adding a greater feel of grandeur when playing with power. The ES920 even features let-off simulations which recreates the subtle notch felt when playing the keys of a grand piano.
Integrated app technology
The new PianoRemote app from Kawai puts you in control of the piano. By taking advantage of Kawai's redesigned communication standard, you can now control every aspect of the piano on your phone. The modern and intuitive interface connects to your piano via Bluetooth MIDI and provides an effortless way to adjust settings, change sounds, or enjoy the large amount of built-in music, all from the comfort of an armchair.
Introducing PiaBookPlayer - Kawai's brand new app
Do you often look at a piece of music and wonder how it should sound? With Kawai's brand new PiaBookPlayer app, you can now instantly find out! This brand new app enables you to view the notated scores of the lesson songs and practise pieces built into your digital piano, so now you can listen to them playing with meticulous detail via the Shigeru grand piano sound.
By taking advantage of the wireless Bluetooth MIDI feature built into this piano, you can now listen to your favourite classical piano music from the comfort of your armchair. Want to use the PiaBookPlayer app instead of sheet music? With the app, you can use the piano's soft or sostenuto pedals for hands-free page-turning.
To unlock all of the PiaBookPiano features, make sure you've got the latest software update on your Kawai piano. Head over to the App Store or Play Store to connect your smart device to your piano.
Kawai's collaboration with audio company Onkyo ensures the ES920 has impressive tonal depth. By using premium components to deliver professional-level audio, the ES920 can produce an extremely clear sound with minimal distortion. Onkyo have used their unrivalled knowledge of audio components to ensure a high-fidelity sound with minimal distortion. Even the speakers in the ES920 were designed to produce a flat frequency response to guarantee accurate reproduction of the Kawai SK-EX grand piano.
- Keyboard: Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) action with Let-Off
- Number of Keys: 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging™ XL (HI-XL), 88-key piano sampling
- Internal Sounds: 38 sounds (PIANO x 10, E.PIANO x 6, ORGAN x 5, HARPSI/MALLETS x 4, STRINGS/CHOIR x 8, BASS x 5)
- Polyphony: Max. 256 notes
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four Hands Mode (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Type: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Parameters: Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Type: Mono Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Ensemble, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Vibrato Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Classic Phaser, Compressor, Rotary 1, Rotary 2
- Parameters: Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Feedback, HighDamp, Depth – Parameters dependent on effect.
- Type: S.Case I, S.Case II, L.Cabinet
- Parameters: Drive, Level, EQ Low, EQ High
- Touch Curve: Light 1/2/3/4, Normal, Heavy 1/2/3/4, Off (Constant), User Touch Curve
- Voicing: Normal, Mellow 1, Mellow 2 , Dynamic, Bright 1, Bright 2, User Voicing
- Resonance, Noise & Effects: Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Undamped String Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Noise, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time, Release Time
- Temperament & Tuning: Equal, Pure Major, Pure Minor, Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister, Kirnberger, User Temperament, Temperament Key, Stretch Tuning, User Tuning
- Others: Hammer Delay, Minimum Touch, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Internal Recorder: 10 song, 2 track recorder – approximately 90,000 note memory capacity
- Playback: SMF
- Others: Save Internal Song, Load Registration, Save Registration, Rename File, Delete File
- Metronome: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8 (Volume/Tempo adjustable)
- Styles: 100 rhythms (x 2 variations), 4-part accompaniment, 100 preset chord sequences
- Settings: Rhythm Volume, Auto Fill-in, One Finger Ad-lib, ACC Mode, Preset Chord, Rhythm Parts Select
- Demo Songs: Main demo song, Rhythm Section demo song, 25 sound demo songs
- Registrations: 28 memories (7 x 4)
- Other Settings & Functions: Transpose, Tone Control (incl. Brilliance, UserEQ), Tuning, Damper Hold, Four Hands, Startup Setting, Factory Reset, Auto Power Off,
Auto Display Off, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off, Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Bluetooth Audio, Bluetooth Audio Volume, Bluetooth MIDI, Speakers On/Off
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel OLED
- Pedal: F-10H damper pedal (with half-pedal support)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
- Connectors: LINE IN (1/8" STEREO), LINE OUT (1/4" L/MONO, R [unbalanced]), Headphones x 2 (1/4”, 1/8”), MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device, DAMPER (for F-10H), DAMPER/SOFT/SOSTENUTO (for GFP-3/F-302)
- Speakers: (8 x 12 cm) x 2
- Output Power: 20 W x 2
- Power Consumption: 18 w (PS-154 AC adaptor)
- Dimensions (Not including music rest): 1340 (W) x 375 (D) x 145 (H) mm (52 3/4" (W) x 14 2/3" (D) x 5 2/3" (H))
- Weight: 17.0 kg / 37.5 lbs.
- Product Code: ES920-BB