View Full Description
The grand piano experience
Thanks to Kawai's class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action, you can now experience the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano. With its realistic movement and rigid, springless design, you will never look back at your old piano again. Kawai's attention to detail has resulted in structural noise and key wobble being kept do a minimum, even during staccato and fortissimo passages.
Similar to all of Kawai's pianos, the CN39's keyboard has been weighted to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano. For additional realism, the CN39 features counterweights which have been embedded within each key. These balanced weights will lighten the touch of the keys during gentle passages, while adding a greater feel of grandeur when playing with power. The CN39 even features let-off simulations which recreates the subtle notch felt when playing the keys of a grand piano.
To ensure you have the best possible experience, the sounds of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX have been placed into the heart of the CN39. These Shigeru Kawai instruments can be found in the most prestigious concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are recognised for their outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range. Professional pianists often select these pianos for prestigious events such as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others. Now you can play on a Shigeru Kawai. All 88 keys of the SK-EX, SK-5, and EX concert grand pianos were painstakingly recorded, then accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms. Unlike other piano manufacturers, Kawai records each note individually to preserve the grand pianos' unique harmonic character. This way, you always get an accurate representation of the original instruments.
But the CN39 doesn't just come with piano sounds. It includes 355 high-quality tones from all over the world, including electric pianos, church organs, strings, choirs, and rhythms. For extra experimentation, the CN39 features Dual playing mode, which enables you to play two different sounds at the same time, such as a piano and strings. The CN39 even includes a Four Hands mode which divides the keyboard into two separate keyboards. This is a must-have for teachers as it enables a teacher and student (or student and student) to play at the same time, while only requiring one instrument.
Kawai's collaboration with audio company Onkyo ensures the CN39 has impressive tonal depth. By using premium components to deliver professional level audio, the CN39 can produce an extremely clear sound with minimal distortion. Onkyo have used their unrivalled knowledge of audio components to ensure a high-fidelity sound with minimal distortion. Even the speakers in the CN39 were designed to produce a flat frequency response to guarantee accurate reproduction of the Kawai SK-EX grand piano.
A 5-year European warranty
As an expression of the confidence Kawai have in the design and manufacturing of their instruments, they offer a 5-year warranty for parts and labour with all their digital pianos. Within the first two years, which is covered by Gear4music, simply contact our Customer Services team on 0330 365 444 and we will organise the repair/replacement, subject to issue. Kawai will honour any manufacturing defects after this two year period subject to completing the warranty information which will be enclosed with your piano and Kawai will organise the repair/replacement as deemed necessary.
Included in this pack
- Action: Responsive Hammer III
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: Ivory Touch
- Let-off simulation: Yes
- Sensors: 3
- Velocity Curves: Light 1/2/3/4, Normal, Heavy 1/2/3/4, Off (Constant), User Touch Curve
- Key Lid: Yes (Sliding Type)
- Sound Source: Progressive Harmonic, 88 Key Sampling
- Sounds: 355 incl. Drum Sets, GM2 compatible
- Polyphony: max. 256 notes
- Virtual Technician: 20 Parameters
- Keyboard Modes:Dual, Split (incl. Volume/Balance), 4Hands
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Live Hall, Concert Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Mono Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Ensemble, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Vibrato Tremolo, Tremolo+Amp, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Auto Pan+Amp, Phaser+Auto Pan, Phaser, Classic Phaser, Phaser+Amp, Phaser+Chorus, Rotary (1 6)
- Tuning: 10 Temperaments
- Metronome/Beats: 10 Beats + 100 Rhythms, Tempo and Volume adjustable
- Recorder: 10 songs, 2 tracks – max. 90.000 notes; 16 track songs with USB memory installed
- Lesson Function: Songs from Alfred, Burgmüller, Czerny, Beyer, and Bach lesson books.
- Concert Magic Songs: 88
- Demo Songs: 31
- Display: 128 x 64 Pixel OLED
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- Registrations: Yes, 16 Memories
- USB Functions: Playback: MP3, WAV, SMF ; Recording: MP3, WAV ; Funktions: Audio Overdub, Converting Song to Audio, Internal Songs load, Internal Songs save, SMF Song save, Registration load, Registration save, File delete, USB format
- Other Features: Dual/Split/Four Hands, Metronome (with 100 rhythms), SHS Mode, Bluetooth MIDI, Bluetooth Audio
- Sound System: 13 cm x 2 Bass speaker, 8x12 cm x 2 Treble speaker
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Pedals: Grand Feel System with Sustain (Half-Pedal), Sostenuto and Soft
- Music Rack: Extra large, adjustable
- Jacks: MIDI (IN/OUT), USB (to Host + to Device), LINE IN (L / MONO, R), LINE OUT (L / MONO, R), Kopfhörer x 2 (1/4" and 1/8" Stereo jacks)
- Finish: Satin White
- Height in cm: 88
- Width in cm: 145
- Depth in cm: 44
- Weight in kg: 54.0
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0330 365 4444 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.