View Full Description
Solid construction, premium tone
Rich, warm, resonant. The DSS-15M Streetmaster has an all-solid mahogany construction, bringing you an instrument that develops even more sonic character with age. The more you play the DSS-15M, the more you are rewarded with a focused fundamental tone and outstanding overtones. It's a sound you won't forget.
Expressive, dynamic, and ready for your creativity. The Streetmaster produces a bold, distinctive acoustic voice. It also delivers a meaty mid-range and brilliant bass emphasis. Play blues, roots music, slide techniques, and experience an authentic Martin tone. Born to perform, it's a hand-made tradition that won't let you down.
Built to perform
Distinctive tone with a comfortable feel. The Streetmaster is ready for mic'd up performance, or even a day busking in the city. It has a tremendously rich, big, bold voice with phenomenal tonal balance. You will be heard. And, although it has a stunningly well-worn look, it has a range of modern features that make playability, well, just sublime.
Martin take great pride in their hand-made, family tradition. It's made with passion, care, and meticulous attention to detail. This gives your Streetmaster a feel and tone that you won't find elsewhere. Experience superior playability and an instrument that can handle almost anything. Versatility is truly at your fingertips.
Heart of the sound
A hand-made sonic engine. An authentic process that originated in 1843. The Streetmaster comes fitted with traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing. This specific type of bracing structure consists of two braces forming an 'X' shape across the soundboard which not only enhances the sound and offers a well-balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced and durable structure.
Furthermore, with traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, the Streetmaster's tone is enhanced beautifully, providing superior projection and volume for a truly expressive sound. And, with this bracing being scalloped by hand, it requires much more time and effort to construct a guitar in this manner. But, the results are sensational. Time honoured and durable with a superior tone.
Streetmaster playability - enhanced
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation and premier craftsmanship, bringing you some of the best acoustic guitars possible. The iconic Martin tone is known worldwide and playability has become an important characteristic that sets Martin guitars aside. And, with the Plek process, Martin guitars maintain their undeniably majestic tone.
The Plek process is a computer controlled device that scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions. It's strung and tuned to pitch for precise string tension emulation. This machine has been a major breakthrough over the last decade. This is because the machine's meticulous attention to detail identifies exactly what needs to be done to bring you perfect fretwork. This innovative machine provides flawless results. Experience a premium quality instrument with a stunning sound, and easy, smooth playability.
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- Bridge Material: Katalox
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2, 1/8 ''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16 ''
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16 ''
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Top Material Finish: Satin
- Top Material Colour: Mahogany Burst
- Back/Sides Material Finish: Satin
- Back/Sides Material Colour: Dark Mahogany
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Material: Katalox
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1, 11/16 ''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2, 1/8 ''
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid w/ Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Mahogany
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Scale Length: 25.4 ''
Hardware & Strings
- Hardware Colour: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Medium (SMA550T)
- Knob: Cream Plastic
- Included Accessories: Soft Gig Bag