View Full Description
Body Shape & Aesthetics
The American Professional Telecaster features an alder body, that is renowned for producing a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing. Alder is also a lightweight tonewood, enabling the guitar to be played all night long without strain on your shoulder. For aesthetic appeal, players can benefit from the Gloss Polyurethane coating, which protects the guitar from wear and tear, along with a full host of classic Fender appointments including knurled flat-top control knobs, angled headstock, modern Ashtray bridge cover and a pickguard.
Deep C Neck Profile
The new American Professional series from Fender all feature a Deep C maple neck designed for comfort and speed. Unlike other neck profiles, the new Deep C features more substantial shoulders which creates a more natural feel in the player's hand, perfect for chords and single notes. Mounted with a rosewood fingerboard, players can achieve a mellow tone, compared to a maple.
Narrow Tall Frets
In addition to its comfortable neck profile, the Telecaster features 22 narrow tall frets, mounted on the rosewood fingerboard. These are slightly narrower than standard medium jumbo frets and are effective for bending notes and playing chords with superb intonation. They also offer extreme comfort, and improve hand flexibility.
Real Bone Nut for Sustain
A real bone nut is also incorporated into the design of the Telecaster, offering a classic appearance and excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Pickups & Treble Bleed Circuit
The American Professional Telecaster is equipped with two newly appointed V-mod single-coils in the bridge and neck position. This powerful duo includes a blend of alnico magnets, and are voiced specifically based on their position, delivering a full host of high-output tones along with vintage warmth and crisp clarity. If that's not enough, this iconic guitar also features a treble bleed circuit which maintains the high-end when played at low volumes, for home practice when loud volume isn't permitted.
Another new addition is the Telecaster bridge, which sports three compensated brass barrel saddles for accurate intonation and vintage-informed tone. Combining vintage style with modern feel and performance, the redesigned “ashtray” cover stays out of your way, even when palm-muting.
Elite Moulded Case
Finally, no guitar would be complete without a hardshell case. The Elite moulded case features body-hugging contours which holds your guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case is also stackable for easy storage and transport.
- Equipped with a two V-Mod single-coil pickups on the bridge and neck position for powerful nuanced tones with high clarity
- Treble bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume, offering a perfect tone regardless of the volume level
- Control options include master volume with treble bleed, Master Tone along with a 3-position blade
- Classic Telecaster details include knurled flat-top control knobs, 3-ply pickguard and angled headstock
- Includes Elite moulded case for storage and transportation
- Redesigned bridge sports three compensated brass barrel saddles for the perfect combination of vintage style with modern feel and performance, along with a removable modern ”Ashtray”Bridge Cover
- Deep C shaped neck profile provides a comfortable feel
- Narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and achieve perfect intonation
- Rosewood fingerboard mounted on maple neck
- Real Bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
- Iconic body shaped crafted from alder, for a lightweight and comfortable feel
- Cutaway body shape for easier access to the higher frets
- Series: American Professional
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: Olympic White
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Deep C
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Construction: 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Dual Adjust
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup: V-Mod single-coil
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod single-coil
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern ”Ashtray” Bridge Cover
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Staggered Modern
- Control knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Case: Elite Moulded Case