View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce & Solid Rosewood Construction
The Faith Mercury Scoop Parlour features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and an incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from various fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with solid rosewood back and sides that produce a strong, warm, deep bass response with great clarity. Its solid rosewood back and sides also produce an incredibly rich tonality with a throaty growl while its treble notes sparkle with plenty of crystal clear clarity. Lastly, with rosewood's iconic tone and spruce's versatile nature the Faith Mercury is ideal for bluegrass, folk, country licks, as well as accommodating meaty chords and a variety of picking techniques.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Mercury offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
This traditional parlour inspired body was designed as a stage guitar to provide the player with workhorse functionality and optimum performance capability, perfect for the gigging guitarist or performing singer/songwriter. Additionally, its compact size provides comfort throughout both seated and standing performance, while its 'scoop' comfort-contour offers enhanced playability higher up the fingerboard. Furthermore, the Mercury also has a 12th fret neck join with lower string tension and a shifted bridge, which together all add to the Mercury's easy playability with an acoustic voice that belies its size. The overall tone produced is equally suited to a variety of picking and strumming techniques.
The Faith Mercury Scoop comes equipped with quality electronics, making it ideal for the stage or studio; perfect for the gigging or recording guitarist and performing singer/songwriter. In addition, the Mercury Scoop is fitted with a Shadow Nanoflex pickup that will project each string played purely and clearly, enabling the player to hear each stunning nuance this solid wood construction produces. Furthermore, the Mercury also features a side mounted Shadow Performer preamp with built-in EQ that includes volume, bass, and treble, allowing the player to tweak their amplified sound to personal preference. Lastly, the preamp comes with a built-in tuner which can be used whether playing acoustically or amplified, perfect for precise and easy tuning on-the-go.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
- Faith hardcase included
- 12th fret scoop provides added comfort and enhanced playability
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic sound
- Grover rotomatic machineheads for precise, stable, and easy tuning
- Solid wood construction for a rich and naturally resonant sonic performance
- High gloss finish, abalone bridge pin dots and matching abalone rosette with gold hardware provides an instrument that is sumptuous to gaze upon
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Rosewood
- Body Type: Mercury - Traditional Parlour
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bridge Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Boarder
- Colour: Natural
- Finish Type: High Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design (12th Fret Join)
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Truss Rod: 2 Way
- Scale Length: 610 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickup: Shadow Nanoflex
- Preamp: Shadow Performer Tuner
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Bass/Middle/Treble/Tuner
- Case: Faith Hardcase Included