Brian May Metal May Special Electric Guitar, Black
Brian May Metal May Special Electric Guitar, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 81717View Full Description
Buy on finance from £20.45 per month Finance from £20.45 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Special from Brian May Guitars combines the distinctive aesthetics and sound of the original Red Special model with a selection of modern appointments and superb quality, production-line craftsmanship. Faithfully reproducing the original's unique character and tonal versatility, the Special is not just a standard replica model. This new edition is especially designed to provide modern players of all musical levels with an affordable pro-grade instrument that is perfect for any performance environment.
Chambered Mahogany Body
This elegantly designed electric guitar features a double cutaway mahogany body along with an acoustic chamber modelled on Brian's original design. An acoustic chamber not only decreases the weight, it also provides you with a natural resonance and a rich, balanced tone. Its double cutaway design also provides you with easier access to the higher frets, and enhances fluid hand flexibility across the whole fingerboard.
The Brian May Special Electric Guitar features a one-piece mahogany neck which has been delicately engineered with a comfortable contour and D-shape profile, offering you optimum playability. This elegant mahogany neck is glued-in for a precise tone and sports a generous 45mm nut width and smooth 24 fret ebony fingerboard.
In addition to the comfortable mahogany neck, the Brian May Special also features a zero fret, which is an extra fret located directly in front of the nut. This innovative fret serves solely to keep the strings spaced properly. The strings rest on top of the zero fret, which can be higher than the other frets. They are regarded today as an antiquated feature, and they usually appear on a small number of instruments as an item of vintage-style authenticity. A zero fret isn’t merely a cosmetic touch, as it serves a subtle purpose appreciated by discerning players.
Tri-Sonic Style Pickups
As well as offering a natural resonant tone, the special is equipped with a trio of sonic style pickups that are modern replicas of the Burns tri-sonics that Brian originally installed on the Red Special. These upgraded replicas not only deliver a faithful reproduction of the originals, they also feature a higher impedance and produce a powerful sonic character that will cut through any mix. The three pickups are wired in series for an increased output and a fuller signal. Controlling this powerful trio is easy with the switching system, which consists of two banks of three switches for achieving the perfect tone.
Wilkinson Knife-Edge Tremolo
The Special is equipped with a Wilkinson knife-edge tremolo which not only provides you with a smooth, comfortable performance, exceptional stability and sustain, but also offers a striking appearance.
Grover Locking Tuners
The Special is also equipped with Grover's innovative Rotomatic locking tuners which automatically lock your strings as you tune, allowing for super-fast string changes and ensuring rock-solid tuning stability, even with heavy tremolo use. This is an ideal feature for professional musicians who perform often and require frequent string changes.
"Brian May fans will love this guitar; great price, attention to build quality and an obvious visual appeal tick the important boxes" Music Radar
Read the full review here.
- Equipped with Tri-Sonic style pickups for a powerful sonic character and a classic tone
- Acoustic chambered mahogany body offers a superb natural resonance along with a lightweight body
- Original BM Switching system for a vast range of pickup options
- 24" Scale Mahogany Neck with comfortable contours
- Wilkinson Knife-Edge Tremolo delivers a smooth, comfortable performance with stability and sustain
- Grover locking tuners automatically lock your strings as you tune for easy string changes
- Double cutaway body shape offers easier access to the higher frets
- Premium Quality Gig Bag with Stitched Brian May Guitars Logo
- Finished in black with black pickguard and chrome hardware
- Series: Brian May Special
- Body Top: Bookmatched Mahogany Top
- Body Back: Acoustic Chambered Mahogany
- Body Binding: 6-Ply Pinstripe, Front + Back
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Colour: Black
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Set Neck
- Scale Length: 610mm (24")
- Fingerboard Radius: 250mm (9.8")
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 24 + zero fret
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Graphite/PPS Black (45mm x 6mm)
- Nut Width: 45mm (1.77")
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Pickups: 3 x BM Brand Custom Tri-Sonic Style Series Wired Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume + Master Tone (250k)
- Pickup Switching: White Slider Switches | 3 x Pickup On/Off | 3 x Pickup Phase In/Out
- Bridge: Wilkinson WVP Knife Edge Tremolo (36mm Block) with Brass Saddles and Custom BMG Trem Arm
- Tuning Machines: 3-A-Side Grover 406 Mini Locking Rotomatic Tuners
- Strings: D'Addario XL-120 Super Light, Plain Steel .009 - .011 - .016, Nickel Wound .024 - .032 - .042
- Pickguard: Main Control Plate | Half-Moon Tail Plate | Matching Truss Rod Cover
- Gig Bag:Premium Quality Gig Bag with Stitched Brian May Guitars Logo
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.