View Full Description
At the rear of the Monitor 8 lies eight stereo outputs. These are dubbed "Main", "Aux" and "Monitor Groups A to F". Thanks to the inclusion of XLR main outs and balanced 1/4" aux outs you'll be able to use these inputs to feed two sets of studio monitors or PA speakers. Monitor mixes can be created for up to 12 sets of headphones, six wedge monitors, four in-ear monitors and two sets of high-powered speakers. Not enough power for you? No problem. The two ADAT optical inputs enables you to connect further hardware such as mixers and expanders. Make the rig you dream of become a reality today.
Polished sounds from the get-go
The Monitor 8 comes complete with its very own integrated digital mixer. Thanks to its large-console format consisting of 48 channels, seven stereo buses and 32-bit effects processing, you'll feel right at home and will be able to achieve polished results before you've even pressed record.
Incredibly versatile, the on-board classic reverb is capable of producing decay times of up to 60 seconds. Whether you're emulating the the vibe of small drum rooms, or the feeling of falling into oblivion, it'll feel like anything is possible with this reverb in your set-up.
Sculpt your sound using the four band parametric equaliser. Inspired by the iconic range of British consoles that were used when making classic albums for the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Queen and Sting. This EQ offers unparalleled surgical precision when it comes to tonal shaping.
Tame your dynamics with the fat, warm sound of optical compression. Modelled on the iconic LA-2A compressor, you'll be taken right back to the golden age of recording. This compressor is perfect on acoustic instruments, kick drums, basses, electric guitars and vocals.
Make a connection
One of the greatest features of the Monitor 8 is its Ethernet connection point. This enables you to link MOTU devices that are equipped with AVB together. This can be achieved in a variety of ways. The easiest is to directly connect the units via a standard Ethernet cable. For more expansive set-ups you're best using the MOTU AVB Switch (not supplied).
To make the most of your Monitor 8 connect it directly to a wireless router (not provided). This allows you to use your laptop, phone or tablet to manipulate the internal mixer and on-board processing. There's no need for installation drivers either, it's web based! This means you can use your preferred browser on any device as long as you're operating on the same network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting
- Use as a standalone mixer with wireless control
- Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Control from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Supports multi-user, concurrent-device control
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type B
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O: 24 x 16 x 8
- A/D Resolution: 32-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 8 x 1/4" (line in)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4" (aux out), 12 x 1/4" (headphones), 16 x 1/4" (monitor)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical (ADAT)
- USB: Yes
- Data I/O: Ethernet
- OS Requirements - Mac: 1GHz Intel CPU or higher, 4GB RAM or more recommended, OS X 10.8 or later, iOS/iPad compatible (with camera connection kit)
- OS Requirements - PC: 1GHz Intel compatible processor or higher, 4GB RAM or more recommended, Windows 7 or later, USB 2.0 audio class compliant hosts
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Height: 1.75"
- Product Code: MOTU-MONITOR8
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.