View Full Description
The finest preamps
From drums to strings, and pianos to vocals. It's hard to make bad recordings when you've got MOTU preamps in your set-up. These studio-grade preamps guarantee crystal clear, transparent reproduction of virtually any instrument or voice. Their low-noise floor and extensive dynamic range makes every source sound wholly natural. So much so that upon later playback, you'll be forgiven for forgetting that you're not in the same room as the artist!
Polished sounds from the get-go
The MOTU 828ES comes complete with its very own integrated digital mixer. Thanks to its large-console format consisting of 48 channels, seven stereo buses and 32-bit effects processing, you'll feel right at home and will be able to achieve polished results before you've even pressed record.
Incredibly versatile, the on-board classic reverb is capable of producing decay times of up to 60 seconds. Whether you're emulating the the vibe of small drum rooms, or the feeling of falling into oblivion, it'll feel like anything is possible with this reverb in your set-up.
Sculpt your sound using the four band parametric equaliser. Inspired by the iconic range of British consoles that were used when making classic albums for the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Queen and Sting. This EQ offers unparalleled surgical precision when it comes to tonal shaping.
Tame your dynamics with the fat, warm sound of optical compression. Modelled on the iconic LA-2A compressor, you'll be taken right back to the golden age of recording. This compressor is perfect on acoustic instruments, kick drums, basses, electric guitars and vocals.
Optimised protection at all times
Just like every MOTU interface, the 828ES comes complete with a durable, lightweight aluminum alloy chassis. This is perfect for enduring the vigors of live performance and continued use. Thanks to this premium exterior, your interface will look and sound as fresh as the day it left the factory!
To make the most of your 8ES3 connect it directly to a wireless router (not provided). This allows you to use your laptop, phone or tablet to manipulate the internal mixer and on-board processing. There's no need for installation drivers either, it's web based! This means you can use your preferred browser on any device as long as you're operating on the same network.
- ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123dB of dynamic range and superb audio quality
- See signal activity at a glance via handy LCD screen with detailed metering
- Access your hardware settings from a simple and convenient front-panel menu
- Provides stand-alone operation with wireless control
- Includes a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot and phase analyser.
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Digital I/O
- 2 x stereo AES3 (AES/EBU) on XLR male/female
- 2x stereo S/PDIF on RCA
- Total I/O
- 8 in / 8 out (16 total) at 1x sample rates
- 8 in / 8 out (16 total) at 2x sample rates, n/a at 4x sample rates
- Computer I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant
- USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- Computer I/O channels
- 64 in/out at 1x (44.1 to 48 kHz)
- 32 in/out at 2x (88.2 to 96 kHz)
- 24 in/out at 4x (176.4 to 192 kHz)
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (assignable)
- Network I/O
- 1 x RJ45 AVB/TSN Ethernet (1 Gbps)
- AVB streams(8 channels per stream)
- 4 in / 4 out @ 44.1 or 48 kHz
- 4 in / 4 out @ 88.2 or 96 kHz
- 2 in / 2 out @ 176.4 or 192 kHz
- Front panel
- 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone output
- 4x switches for menu navigation
- 160 x 128 RGB LCD for level meters / menu
- External 12-18V DC power supply
- 1.0A max • tip pos or neg
- Dimensions: 22 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- Weight: 2.0 lbs / 0.9 kg
- Product Code: MOTU-8D
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.