View Full Description
Wave Form Mesh Head
The Aston Spirit has a signature mesh head that delivers unprecedented protection for your microphone's capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
This condenser mic has a mesh knit pop filter built-in to protect against any unwanted plosives. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making this microphone ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is stainless steel, so it won’t rust with use and can even be removed and washed.
Custom Moulded End Caps
The end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor are unique to this mic. Use the built-in, interchangeable thread adapter mounts the mic directly to a stand.
Custom Finished Chassis
Part of the beauty of the Aston Spirit is the custom finish of each chassis, with each one individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is then separately engraved with Aston's brand mantra 'The art of performance'.
- Gearslutz - 5 stars
- MusicTech Choice - 9/10
- Bonedo - 5 stars
- Studio.se - 9/10
"I ******* LOVE these mics!", Noel Gallagher, after using the Aston Spirit for his vocals on the High Flying Birds album.
"The Spirit performed well at just about everything, matching and even outperforming some much more expensive microphones...virtually a must-have." Mike Hillier (9/10 MusicTech Choice Award)
Read the full review here.
- Wave-form mesh head provides shock absorption to protect the capsule
- Built-in pop filter utilises the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct microphone stand mounting
- 2mm solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging, no unnecessary frills just well designed, reusable and recyclable packaging
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete an integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Polar pattern switch allows you to select from Omni, Cardioid and Figure-of-Eight patterns
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (±3 dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm: 23.7mW/Pa
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB A-Weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL)
- Polar Pattern: Switchable