View Full Description
Why it sounds so clear
Unlike ordinary handheld mics, the Beta responds to every frequency, right up to 20kHz (the peak of human hearing). Preserving the crisp, top end detail. There’s a gentle boost around 9kHz too, so you’ll sound far more open and natural than before. Combined with a little bump at 5kHz, your voice will sit distinctly in the mix. There’s no need to strain your voice.
There’s also a smooth low frequency roll-off. Not only does this tame the proximity effect (boominess from getting too near the mic), but it helps bring a bit of extra polish to your voice. Without the need for EQ. Your vocals will sound more refined, but never thin.
The Beta also boasts wide dynamic range. Able to capture all the idiosyncrasies in your voice, from subtle moments to big choruses. Without distorting or overloading the mic - just clean and articulate.
Beta 87A vs 87C – What’s the difference?
Both mics are virtually identical apart from one factor – the pick-up pattern. The Beta 87A has a supercardioid pick-up pattern. Whereas the 87C is cardioid.
This means the 87A picks up a narrow range of sound in front of the mic. Providing improved voice isolation and rejection of feedback. The preferred choice for performers using stage monitors.
The Beta 87C, however, picks up sound from a wider area. Your voice will be less isolated from background noise, but will contain a bit more pleasing room ambience. The preferred choice for performers using in ear monitors, who have less stage noise to contend with.
"Designed to deliver studio quality sound in live performances, the Beta 87 makes a fantastic choice for singers who crave pristine clarity and sparkling high end in their vocals." MusicPlayers.com
"A truly awesome live condenser microphone. Vocals come across naturally and are strong enough to cut through the mix, all while retaining that condenser vibe we love so much." Guitarfella.com
Included In The Box
- 1 x Shure Beta 87A Vocal Microphone
- 1 x 5/8 inch to 3/8 inch Thread Adapter
- 1 x Break Resistant Microphone Clip
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Premium condenser microphone for live vocal performances
- Frequency response shaped for articulate and clear sound
- Low-frequency roll-off refines boomy bass notes
- Wide dynamic range captures quiet and loud performances – distortion free
- Tight supercardioid polar pattern provides superior feedback rejection
- Built-in three phase pop filter tames breath and wind noise
- Advanced shock-mount system eliminates handling noise
- Slightly wider handle than predecessor for easier grip and secure fit in mic clips
- Dent resistant grille and enamel coated metal alloy resists wear and tear
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Requires Phantom Power: Yes
- Connectors: 3-pin XLR
- Sensitivity: -52.50 dBV/Pa - 2.37 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 23.5 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 117 dB
- Sound Pressure: 140.5 dB
- Impedance: 150 Ω
- Weight: 207 g
- Height: 160 mm
- Width: 43 mm