View Full Description
Let your voice sparkle
Shure’s iconic SM58 is known the world over. It’s a versatile workhorse, capable of getting great results in any scenario. But what if you need some extra detail? A touch more sparkle. Well the SM86 might be the mic for you.
The SM86 sounds brighter, and more ‘open’ than ordinary vocal microphones. It preserves the top-end details of your voice, thanks to a frequency response that extends all the way up to 18kHz. Your voice will shine amidst the music with absolute clarity. And because the SM86 boasts a sensitive condenser capsule, the dynamics of your performance will be captured with outstanding realism.
No ordinary condenser
The Shure SM86 features some nifty technology, to ensure the cleanest sound possible.
Beneath the grille, there is not one, but two miniature pop filters. They work together to eradicate plosives and tame breath noise. Smoothing out your voice, and letting you perform without any intrusive distractions.
And thanks to a three-point shock mount system, handling noise and rumble is virtually non-existent. Because the condenser capsule is isolated from vibrations traveling throughout the mic, you'll hear your voice clearly. Without a trace of interference. Just you.
Outstanding SM durability
Over the years, Shure SM microphones have become the most trusted mics in the industry. They have become synonymous with faultless engineering. With rugged construction that defies the most extreme wear and tear.
And of course, the SM86 Condenser is no exception. It might sound wonderfully clear and articulate, but it has all the trademark resilience of Shure’s toughest vocal mics. It has endured the same unforgiving testing procedures. So there's a good chance it will last a lifetime.
"On stage it is an absolute marvel and Shure live up to their promises of delivering a studio quality condenser mic for use in a live environment." - Guitarfella
Included In The Box
- 1 x Shure SM86 Vocal Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Break Resistant Microphone Clip
- 1 x 5/8" to 3/8" Thread Adapter
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Tailored for a more detailed and articulate sound than dynamic vocal mics
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces background noise and feedback
- Integrated three-point shock mount eliminates handling noise
- Two-stage pop filter removes distracting plosives and breath noise
- Same indestructible build quality as Shure's most famous mics
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 18kHz
- Connector: XLR
- Sensitivity: -50.00 dBV/Pa - 3.15 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150Ω
- Output Clipping Level: 1000Ω Load @ 1kHz: +3 dBV (1.41 V)
- Maximum SPL (@ 1kHz): 1000Ω Load (1 THD): 147 dB
- Dynamic Range: 124 dB
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 71 dB at 94 dB
- Power Requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc, 5.2 mA
- Weight: 284 g
- Height: 183 mm
- Width: 49 mm
- Depth: 49 mm