View Full Description
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminium handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
- 15" Woofer; 6.5" midrange woofer; 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- 75° Nominal coverage angle
- Maximum SPL 134 dB peak
- 1000-watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼" inputs, and stereo RCA inputs, (three audio input sources); two direct channel outputs and single summed balanced output
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
Extensive DSP enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line-array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat band pass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
- Configuration: 15" 2-way multipurpose
- Transducers: 15" cone transducer, 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 47Hz - 18kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 60° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL: 133 dB peak
- Power Output: 1000W Class D (500W LF, 500W HF) continuous, 2000W peak
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power):
- 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Channel A (0dB gain): 38kΩ balanced, 19kΩ unbalanced
- Channel A (+12dB gain): 10kΩ balanced, 5kΩ unbalanced
- Channel A (+24dB gain): 2.66kΩ balanced, 1.33kΩ unbalanced
- Channel A (+36dB gain: 660Ω balanced, 330Ω unbalanced
- Channel B XLR/¼" 38kΩ balanced, 19kΩ unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10kΩ
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions: 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8"
1094 mm x 470 mm x 427 mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.