View Full Description
Powerful CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations, the innovative CORE technology offers minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range, and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimising distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase of 14dB allows you to even capture screams without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Versatile omnidirectional polar pattern
Omnidirectional microphones are often the choice for recording large and spread-out sound sources (such as choirs and orchestras). However, they are perfect for a wide variety of close-mic'ing and vocal applications as well. This is thanks to their ability to accurately capture sound from all directions to produce an incredibly natural and realistic character in comparison to a cardioid microphone.
When omnidirectional mics are used close to the desired sound source, they retain a beautifully transparent and balanced response and do not suffer from the proximity effect (increased bass when placed close to a sound source, often associated with cardioid microphones). Whilst they are sensitive in all directions, they are much less prone to wind, pop, and handling noise, providing you with a versatile microphone that can be used effectively in a huge range of applications and indoor/outdoor venues.
Customizable acoustic response
With the included microphone grids you can adapt the microphone to your specific situation with ease. The Soft Boost Grid (which comes pre-fitted) provides a soft boost of 3dB between 8kHz and 20kHz. This is perfect for head-mounted applications as well as achieving natural-sounding results.
The other grid that is supplied with the 4060 is the High Boost Grid. This design provides a soft boost of 10dB around 12kHz. When mounting the microphone on the chest of a performer, the High Boost Grid is highly recommended. Each grid is crafted from incredibly durable anodized stainless steel for durability and reliability. The grids can easily be detached to allow you to clean them and the microphones themselves.
What's in the box?
- 1 x DPA CORE 4060 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone, High SPL, Black
- 1 x Soft Boost Grid
- 1 x High Boost Grid
- Exceptional audio quality with a uniform and consistent sound
- Rugged and reliable construction with Kevlar-reinforced cable relief
- Built to withstand constant twists, bends and pulls as well as everyday use in harsh environments
- Easy to clean with a Double Vent Protection System - excellent resistance to humidity and sweat
- Switchable acoustic response - comes complete with a Soft Boost Grid and a High Boost Grid
- Unobtrusive design allows for quick and easy concealed mounting
- Incredibly accurate omnidirectional polar pattern provides exceptional sound pickup without needing to be aimed at the sound source
- Significantly less sensitive to handling noise as well as pop and wind noise
- One of the most loved microphones for television and film applications
- Ideal for capturing speech and all of its nuances as well as for close-miking a huge range of instrumentation
- Compatible with the vast array of clips, windscreens, grids and other accessories that can be purchased separately
- Can be used with DPA's unique modular adapter system for compatibility with most professional wireless systems (adapters not included, must be purchased separately)
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of Operation: Pressure
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- +/-2dB, Soft Boost Grid: 20Hz to 20kHz (3dB soft boost at 8kHz to 20kHz)
- +/-2dB, High Boost Grid: 20Hz to 20kHz (10dB boost and 12kHz)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa; -34dB re. 1V/Pa (+/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level:
- A-Weighted: Typ. 23dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 26dB(A))
- ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35dB (max. 38dB)
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 71dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 106dB
- Maximum SPL: 134dB
- Output Impedance: 30 to 40 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V through DPA adapters (not included)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter (not included))
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm
- Microphone Length: 12.7mm
- Cable Length: 1.8m
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 45°C
- Relative Humidity: Up to 90 percent
- Product Code: 4060-OC-C-B00