View Full Description
Built in WiFi
The XR18 comes with integrated WiFi for increased mobility. This provides you with the ability to mix on the go and hear from the audience's perspective. You're also free to adjust live monitor wedges to hear the artist's mix. Or better yet, let them mix their own in ear and floor monitors via a personal tablet device.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion or, press conference it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 16 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the XR18's gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation. This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each other. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
Four FX engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the X32, the on-board virtual FX Rack provides you with access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors. These include delay, chorus and dynamics. The XR18 can run studio-quality reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the XR18 has a whole studio of FX under it's hood. All effects run inside the low-latency environment, ensuring flawless performance and flexible routing.
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live applications
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, full programmable mic preamps ensure audiophile sound quality
- Built-in Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation - no need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording via iPad and more
- Revolutionary Dugan-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- Award-winning X32 effects rack with 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQs
- Ultranet connectivity for Behringer's P-16 Personal Monitoring system (not included)
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and on-stage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-bit floating-point DSP features ''unlimited'' dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (including Mackie Control protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface (future firmware)
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Designed and engineered in Germany
- Power Consumption: 30W
- Switch-Mode Power Supply: Autorange 100-240V (50Hz/60Hz)
- Rack Size: 3U
- Dimensions: 333mm x 149mm x 140mm / 13.1'' x 5.9'' x 5.5''
- Weight: 3.2kg / 7.1lbs
- Processing Channels:
- 18 Input Channels
- 4 FX Return Channels
- 6 Aux Buses
- Main LR
- Internal Effects Engines: 4 True Stereo
- Signal Processing: 40-Bit Floating Point
- A/D-D/A Conversion: 24-Bit @ 44.1kHz/48kHz, 114dB Dynamic Range
- Cirrus Logic A/D CS5368, D/A CS4385
- Analog I/O Latency: 0.8ms
- Programmable Mic Preamps: 16 x XLR/TRS Combo Jacks, Balanced
- Preamps: Designed by MIDAS
- Line/Aux Inputs: 2 x TRS, Balanced
- Main Outputs: 2 x XLR, Balanced
- Aux Outputs: 6 x XLR, Balanced
- Phones Output: 1 x TRS
- Ultranet: 1 x RJ45
- MIDI I/O: 1/1 DIN
- Ethernet: 1 x RJ45
- Audio/MIDI Interface: 1 x USB Type B
USB Audio/MIDI Interface
- Type: USB 2.0, Type B
- Supporting Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 or Higher
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or Higher
- iOS 7 or Higher (iPad)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz / 48kHz
- Input/Output Audio Channels: 18 x 18
- Input/Output MIDI Channels: 16 x 16 (1 Port)
Product Code: XR18
- Antenna: External, SMA Connector, 50?
- Access Point: Maximum 4
- Frequency Range: 2,412MHz - 2,462MHz
- WLAN Channels: 1-11
- Maximum Output Power: 19dBm (802.11 b) / 18dBm (802.11 g)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.