View Full Description
Sample, layer and create with multi-sampling
The Rample gives you everything you need to create loops and songs using your own custom samples. With four voices (channels) in total you can incorporate, stack, layer and manipulate samples to cater to your sound design. The four voices are used to play .WAV files and feature their own dedicated outputs for added flexibility. From drum breaks to melodic loops and more, you can layer samples and process them to your heart's content.
Multi-layering samples allow you to create variations and complex compositions, ideal for music production and live performances. You can utilise up to 2,600 banks of four voices. Each set of four samples is labelled as a “kit” on the SD card, allowing you to incorporate new samples and sounds on the fly. The module comes complete with an SD card that is jam-packed with genre-defying samples and sound content.
Each of the four voice’s supports up to 12 samples in total. These samples can be played in a controlled manner or randomly, dependent on your needs. This is a great way to add variation to your samples. For example, incorporating 12 different snare sounds (or varied velocities of the same sample) and 12 different kicks (or varied velocities) allows you to switch between the different sounds or levels. This results in a much more natural sound, in comparison to single-sound samples.
Versatile built-in effects
Add some texture. Each of the voice’s on the module features its own “effects rack” allowing you to add a range of effects to your sounds. Bring out different tones or create entirely new sounds using the studio-grade built-in effects. The effects are comprised of: Pitch, Bits, Filter, Freeze and Levels.
Using the “Pitch” effect, you can change the pitch and timbre of your sample. The complex pitch engine is based on a 6-pole interpolator ranging from -1 octave to +1 octave. The “Bits” effect is a rich bit-crusher basing its effect on two different algorithms to achieve breath-taking results. The algorithms warp the sample rate and resolution resulting in distorted and warm audio.
Scratch that glitch itch using the “Freeze” effect, providing a classic sample and loop effect for creating glitches and experimenting with samples. The “Filter” effect is a low-resonance filter, helping to roll-off high or low frequencies, perfect for changing the tonality of your sound. The “Level” effect allows you to decrease/increase the gain and drive of your signal, perfect for changing volumes and velocities. You can also use the four CV inputs to assign the effects to external modules and gear so you can experiment with sound.
CV/Gate and MIDI interface
Get creative with the myriad of connections on the Rample. The module is designed to act as the main rhythmic hub of your Eurorack setup, allowing you to process audio and take your sounds to the next level. The integrated interface is comprised of Gate (trig samples) and CV connectivity so you can modulate samples.
It also features built-in MIDI connectivity so you can use the module with your favourite MIDI gear. From keyboard controllers to drum synths and much more, the Rample can be used for music production, live performances and everything in between. You can even use the module as a standalone MIDI machine, using the MIDI input port to trigger and control all parameters and effects simultaneously. The Rample comes complete with stereo jack to MIDI DIN and stereo jack to jack adapters, so you can daisy-chain multiple modules for added flexibility.
- Highly versatile sample player and audio processor with four voices
- Support for up to two stereo voices
- Incorporate your own samples using .WAV files
- Files organised as “kits” on the microSD card
- Store up to 26000 kits (A0 to Z99)
- No duration limit for sample (or layers) – play files for up to several hours
- Five onboard effects comprised of: bitcrusher, pitch (6-pole interpolator), filter, freeze and drive
- Each voice has it’s own effect rack
- Onboard parameters include: level, sample start point, length, attack/decay and run mode
- Mute groups for each sample – handy for live performances
- Each voice can be multi-sampled with up to 12 samples for in-depth looping and idea creation
- CV/MIDI inputs make everything on the module controllable
- Comes complete with a microSD with a wide range of artists kits preloaded
- Ultra low-latency performance
- Gate: 4 (for sample trig)
- CV: 4 assignable CV to modulation effects parameters (-5V to +5V)
- MIDI: 1 MIDI input (control/sequence Rample, midi.org TRS standard, jack to din adapter included)
- Audio Outputs: 4 (mono, DC-coupled = can play CV signals) [-5V to +5V]
- Audio Mix Output: 1 (unplugged audio outputs are normalled to "mix" with volume control)
- MIDI: 1 midi thru (for Rample chaining, jack to jack cable included)
- Potentiometers: 4
- Push Buttons: 6
- Screen: Red matrix screen
- Streaming: Streaming from SD card and internal RAM
- DAC (audio outputs): 16-bit 44100Hz (CD quality)
- ADC (CV inputs) resolution: 12-bit
- Width: 14HP (up to 25mm in depth with power ribbon cable)
- Weight: 170gr
- Power: requires a ±12V eurorack supply (consume 190mA from the +12V rail and 40mA from the -12V rail)