View Full Description
The Invisible Untouchable Instrument
The Moog Etherwave Theremini is an invisible untouchable instrument that allows you to control pitch and volume by moving your hands through the air. It is a space controlled musical instrument that allows you to create a range of drone, ambient spooky sounds. The Etherwave Theremini is possibly the world's strangest, spookiest musical instrument. Make and control music like never before using the Theremini. By moving your hands, you can control the pitch and volume, and create effects like vibrato. The Theremini can be played by interacting with the 2 electronic antennae using subtle hand gestures. The vertical one controls pitch, whereas the horizontal one controls volume. It can be used at any skill level, and provides new ways to experiment with music and gestural control.
The Moog Theremini is much easier to play then the original Theremin. Moog have added features to help assist with your playing. It features assistive pitch quantisation, which allows each player to adjust the level of playing difficulty. When in the maximum position, the Theremini will play every note in the selected scale perfectly, therefore making it impossible to play a wrong note. You can also choose to turn this off, allowing it to perform like an original Theremin. You can choose between 22 scales to play the Theremini in. There is also a built-in tuner that supplies real-time visual feedback of each note that is playing, which is useful for correcting your playing position.
Built-In Effects & Sounds
The Etherwave Theremini contains a sound engine that features 32 sound presets with different tonalities and timbre. Explore and play with the different sounds, creating a range of spacey drones and more. As well as the built-in sounds, the Theremini also features a built-in stereo ping-pong delay with a rotary knob for controlling the amount.
Live Performance & Studio Instrument
The Etherwave Theremini can be used as a performance instrument, or used within a studio. It features a built-in speaker and headphone port for private rehearsal anywhere. It also features a USB MIDI connection that allows MIDI data to be transmitted and received between the Theremini and a compatible computer, tablet, or MIDI device, allowing you to add the sounds into your music productions.
- Pitch correction with selectable scales and root note
- Built in tuner allows you to learn pitch and scales
- 32 wavetable based presets
- Built in speaker
- Headphone output
- Two 1/4'' audio outputs
- Single pitch CV output with selectable range
- User selectable scale and root note (stored per preset)
- User selectable range - highest note and lowest note (stored per preset)
- Adjustable stereo ping-pong delay
- Removable pitch antenna - built in storage compartment on bottom-side
- Built in 3/8'' mic stand and camera stand adapter
- High-quality rubberized feet
- LCD Screen: 128 X 64 pixel LCD with white backlight
- Headphone Jack: 1/8'' (3.5mm) TRS headphone jack
- Volume Control: Controls headphone volume and built in speaker volume
- Pitch Bias Control: Determines the amount of pitch correction from 0 to 100
- Scale Button: Select from a list of built-in scales
- Root Control: Select the root note to be used by the scale
- Setup Control: Provides access the setup and calibration functions - also acts as a shift key
- Delay Length Control: Selects the length of delay: SHORT, MEDIUM, LONG, or OFF
- Delay Amount Control: Controls the amount of delay mixed with the dry signal
- Preset Control: Selects the preset played from a built in list of 32 presets
- Outputs: 2 x line level 1/4'' unbalanced TS
- CV Output: 1/4'' TS (0-5V or 0-10V selectable)
- USB: Mini B USB 2.0 for USB MIDI
- Lock: Kensington
- Power Switch: Push ON / push OFF
- Height: 381mm with antenna (101.6mm without)
- Width: 577.9mm
- Depth: 165.1mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.