View Full Description
100 percent analog
The DFAM is a fully analog machine that produces a rich, full bodied, analog vintage sound. The 2 wide-range analog oscillators enable you to create everything from warm, deep pulsing basses to chunky raw FM percussion. It offers a hands-on approach to percussive sequence creation, allowing you to tweak and experiment as you like. Exploring and experimenting is highly suggested.
The Moog Drummer From Another Mother (DFAM) features a versatile and easy-to-use 8-step analog sequencer with velocity. It allows you to control the pitch for each step, as well as velocity. This gives your sequence a more human feel rather than robotic. Set the pitch for each step, then adjust velocity on-the-fly to add some movement and variation. The 3 dedicated analog envelopes work dynamically with the sequencer to ensure the toms breathe, impacts evolve, and movement is created with a simple turn of the knob.
Each DFAM comes with a number of Moog patch cables that can be used with the integrated 24-point modular patchbay. The DFAM requires no patching to create rhythmic composition, making it ideal for someone looking for their first synthesizer/sequencer. However, for the more advanced user or the experimentalist, the DFAM provides a patchbay that can be used to unlock a whole new array of sounds and behaviours. The patchbay is also a great way for beginners to delve into the world of modular patching. Additionally, the Moog DFAM can be easily removed from its case and mounted into a Eurorack system (requires a 10 to 16 PIN eurorack cable).
Wide range of controls for sound design
The DFAM offers a range of controls for creating and tweaking sounds. 2 oscillators offer hard sync and FM cross-modulation, allowing you to shape between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass, and resonant bells instantly. The integrated Moog Ladder filter offers high and low-pass, allowing you to dynamically shape your sound. The DFAM also features a white noise generator, allowing you to add air and high frequency content to your sounds. The DFAM is capable of creating everything from huge bass tones, leads, and most importantly, raw FM percussion.
- Powerful analog percussion synthesizer and sequencer
- Capable of huge bass tones, leads, and raw FM percussion
- Ideal for live performance and studio
- Semi-modular (no patching is required)
- 24-point patchbay allows you to unlock new sounds and behaviours
- Supplied with patch cables
- Easy to use
- 100 percent analog
- 2 oscillators - ultra-wide sound generation
- Selectable analog Ladder filters (high/low-pass)
- 3 envelopes (interact dynamically with velocity providing a 'human' feel to your sound)
- 8-step analog sequencer with velocity (each step features velocity control)
- Sequencer tempo, run/stop, trigger, advance controls
- Link multiple units (rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units)
- External audio input (process other sounds through DFAM's analog circuitry)
- Eurorack compatible (can be removed easily from its case and mounted into a eurorack system - requires a 10 to 16 PIN eurorack cable)
For more information on the Moog DFAM, please refer to the PDF above.
- Sound Source: 2 oscillators with square and triangle waveforms, 1 white noise generator, 1 external audio input
- Patchbay Inputs: Trigger, VCA, CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1-2 FM amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock
- Patchbay Outputs: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch
- Audio Output: 1/4'' TS line, 1/4'' TRS headphones (shared output jack)
- Power Consumption: 3.0W
- Dimensions: 319.3 x 106.9 x 133.1mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 1.58kg
- Eurorack Current Draw: 230mA (+12V - from 10-pin header)
- Eurorack Mounting Dimensions: 60HP (1''/26mm module depth)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.