View Full Description
The Modal Electronics SKULPT SE employs a total of 32 oscillators across four voices that are split into two WAVE groups per voice, each providing a profound, hands-on control over the sound. With smooth sweeps between single, triangle, saw and others combined with additional oscillator modulation and LFO's allow you unrivalled customisation in your sound. Further adjustments can be made through the state-variable two-pole filter to morph from low pass through to high pass and resonance features to display all the rich harmonic content in your sound.
Along with this, the SKULPT SE provides three dedicated envelopes for filter, amp and modulation control of your dynamics and expression. This allows for much greater control over the feel of your performance to truly express yourself. Use the two in-built LFO's to add movement to your sound, using the polyphonic mode to syn to a division of your notes' fundamental frequency for a huge modulation of your sound.
Next-gen performances out of the box
Packed with a wide variety of professional performance tools, the SKULPT SE gives you the ability to write and create music quickly and easily, even when using advanced techniques. Featuring a sequencer that can store up to 256 notes that can be quantised or looped, a full-featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing, arpeggio latch, sustain and transpose, you are exposed to an entire world of complex arrangement tools that can expand your creativity.
The SKULPT SE also supports MPE and offers musicians creative and musical ways to make expressive sound articulations that aren't possible with conventional synthesizers.
Endless sound manipulation
The SKULPT SE provides an almost endless amount of sound manipulation through expertly designed effects. Waveshaping distortion and overdrive can be used to cut through dense arrangements or add grit to bass lines for impact, delay effects can be tempo-synced to your music for rhythmical delay trails or to add character and depth to your audio. Transform the space of your instrument by adding in a delay to create short, slap-back style trails or extremely natural room-style reverbs to long, expansive psychedelic echos using the sequence animation. All of this can be modulated to create interesting and unique sounds to your music.
A comprehensive set of connections are featured in SKULPT SE synth to ensure you can easily integrate and expand your existing setup. USB, 3.5mm monitor or headphone output, dedicated 3.5mm line output, 3.5mm sync out and in and fully featured MIDI in and out allows you to explore new territory with connectivity to other devices.
To ensure that you will always be accurate synced to most equipment, the Global Tune Setting ensures a perfect integration into mixed setups with other, less accommodating equipment in studio and live applications, like analog synthesisers or DJ turntables, which tend to be less precise in tuning.
As well as this, you can expand the sound of your SKULPT SE by polychaining up to 4 units in total, amounting to a huge array of 16 voices with 128 oscillators. No other synthesizers can give you as much in such a compact solution.
Free MODAL app for screen-based editing
The SKULPT SE comes with the ability to connect to the MODAL app for computer or mobile-based parameter editing. Intuitive and easy to use, the MODAL app allows you to edit each parameter of your patches and the 127 brand-new patches to create a vast library of contemporary sounds that can give new life to your music. Offering AU and VST3 DAW integration, this is the perfect solution for synthesizer enthusiasts looking to deep dive into the capabilities of the SKULPT SE to create your signature sounds and integrate with your existing setup.
- Four-voice, 32 oscillator virtual analog synthesizer
- Eight oscillators per voice split into two wave groups with individual morphing
- Modulation of all 32 oscillators with unison and spread for a massive sound
- Mixer stage for osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
- Analog-style morphing two-pole filter with resonance
- Low pass, band pass and high pass filtering
- Three envelope generators for filter, amplitude and modulation
- Two audio rate LFO's, one global and one polyphonic
- Eight-slot modulation matrix with eight sources and 37 destinations
- Realtime sequencer that can record up to 256 notes and up to four parameters of animation
- Full featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing, arpeggio latch and sustain controls
- Multiple FX built in; Distortion (Waveshaping and overdrive), delay with modulation and tempo sync
- 128 Sound memory locations with 64 sequence memory location
- 16-Key touch keyboard
- 14 Endless encoders and 13 buttons to access synth parameters for real-time programming
- Compatible with MPE enabled MIDI controllers for expressive performance articulations
- Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic play modes available
- Powered by USB or 6x AA batteries
- Inputs and Outputs:
- 3.5 mm / 1/8” TRS dual-mono output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8” TRS headphone output
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5mm / 1/8” Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class compliant MIDI over USB connection
- Power: Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries, USB cable included
- Editor Software: Free editor app available for MacOS, Windows, IOS, iPadOS and Android
- Case: Lightweight and durable hard plastic enclosure with removable protection hood
- General: Dimensions: 255mm x 135m x 68mm / 10” x 5 1/2” x 3”
- Weight: 0.62 kg / 1.36 lbs (without batteries)
- Product Code: SKULPTSYNTH-SE