View Full Description
What's new in V3?
Lots! The latest update sees the release of three new algorithms, bass, sawX and harm. These also feature in Noise Engineering's flexible Virt Iter module. Thanks to their inclusion you'll be granted access to additive harmonic colour, wavefolding, modulation and so much more. This is the perfect way to push your digital signal into analog extremes.
You'll be pleased to know that four-voice unison mode can now be used for all oscillator types. This provides you with a unison spread of up to 12 semitones, all of which can be used as a destination for modulation. Achieving "phat" sounding basses and melodies has never been so easy!
Bigger and bolder than ever before. The already expansive nature of the MICROFREAK's preset slots have increased from 256 to a generous 384. This gives you even more freedom to make the synthesizer accommodate to your workflow. Thanks to its instantaneous nature, saving and recalling sounds is a breeze. This will prove particularly useful in high-pressure environments such on-stage and in the studio.
The versatile digital oscillators in the MICROFREAK features varied modes, so you can create weird and wonderful sounds with ease. Modes like Texturer, Karplus strong, Harmonic OSC, and Superwave give the MICROFREAK huge range for creating your own interesting soundscapes. If you want an instrument that features an incredibly versatile sound set and don't want to be restrained by other more focused synths, then MICROFREAK's flexible and powerful synthesizer engine is ideal for this and loads of other applications.
Arturia have utilised Mutable Instruments' open source development philosophy to bring you Plaits. Plaits is an iconic module in the Eurorack world and is much-loved by the modular community. Now you can enjoy this beautiful sounding module in the form of a compact and performable hardware synthesizer.
Classic filter, new methods
Based on a classic analogue 12db/Oct filter, the MICROFREAK can scream or whisper. This powerful state-variable filter can self-oscillate, giving your sound design new realms to explore. Modulate the cut off with keyboard pressure or even with the sequencer. The filter offers massive scope for adding that finishing touch to your sound design or for taking the edge of those abrasive wavetable sounds.
Expressive and performative
The PCB keyboard featured on the MICROFREAK is rather strange to look at but what makes it stand out is the lightning-fast tracking and huge scope for expression. Route keyboard pressure to different parameters, or even control pressure sensitive software synths with the MIDI compatibility. It may not be the keyboard you are used to but it gives the MICROFREAK hugely expressive playability.
- Hybrid synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets
- 11 Digital oscillators with variable modes, with integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope with two modes: Envelope and LFO
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator
- 64-step sequencer
- Arpeggiator Modes: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Other Arpeggiator Controls: Spice and Dice gate randomizers
- Sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- Outputs: CV, Gate, Mod
- I/O Connectivity: USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- Other Connections: 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 9.2 x 2.2 inches (311 x 233 x 55mm)
- Weight: 2.3 lbs. (1.02 Kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.