View Full Description
Ready for anything
The wide range of connectivity that the COBALT8 M provides ensures it can be used in any set-up or environment. Connect the synth with your operating system by using the USB output. For monitoring and silent practice, the headphone connector will prove to be a real asset. You can even utilise the line-outputs to sync the synth with external outboard. Should you desire, expand the possibilities of your set-up by daisy-chaining two COBALT8 M's to achieve 16 voices and 128 oscillators.
Infinite sound shaping possibilities
The COBALT8 M sees two isolated oscillators grouped with up to four oscillators. Not only do they provide you with the finest analog goodness, they also grant access to even more creative options.
Embrace the 34 innovative algorithms such as sync, ring modulation and waveform morphing to take your sound to new heights. Each and every algorithm comes complete with an intuitive pair of controls designed to complement it. This is as good as it gets for tonal shaping!
Enter the matrix
The modulation matrix allows you route the LFOs to an infinite amount of destinations, as well as sync them to internal and external tempos. You'll have complete control over the dynamics and expression of your sound thanks to the inclusion of three filter, amp and modulation envelopes. The sophisticated nature of the modulation matrix ensures your sound will constantly evolve without compromise. The COBALT includes four generic modulation routings for a quick and easy set-up.
Centre of attention
Be heard loud and proud thanks to the self-oscillating 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter. This is perfect for injecting bite into your sound to ensure you cut through the densest of mixes. You can even get creative by utilising the on-board notch filter to generate weird and wonderful effects!
Coming complete with 500 patches, the COBALT8 M provides you with 300 presets that guarantee record-ready sounds straight out of the box. From resonant subs to soaring leads, and rhythmic hits to glistening pads. The wide range of sounds on offer ensures that there's something for everyone. What's more, the remaining 200 are left for you to store your own patch and sequence creations.
Dig deep and get creative
Available as a standalone application for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPad or Android systems, as well as VST3 and AU plugin. The free MODALapp is perfect for editing via your computer, mobile device or tablet. This is the perfect extension for those who desire to dig deep and create their own signature patches!
- Achieve authentic analog sounds via COBALT8 X’s Extended Virtual-Analogue Synthesis, combining traditional technology with modern synth features
- Harness COBALT8X’s unique waveform architecture to create your own signature sounds
- Manipulate and update the COBALT8 X via the free MODALapp, available on macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android and AU/VST3
- Take your performance to new heights with MPE support, integrated 512-note Realtime/Step Sequencer, 32-step programmable Arpeggiator and powerful Animation Lanes
- Polyphony: True 8 voice polyphonic
- MPE: Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
- 64 high-resolution virtual-analogue oscillators, up to 8 per voice
- Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms, 34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in crossmodulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise.
- Extended Oscillator Drift
- 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations
- Resonance and Balanced Filter Modes
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs
- Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes
- Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator:
- Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Polyphonic Step Sequencer with 64 steps, 8 notes per step, 4 lanes of Parameter-Lock style animation, Step Input mode, multiple playback modes including gate modes and rest function
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- User Memory:
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
- Controls and Performance:
- 13 switched encoders, 13 encoders, 9 buttons
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple voice modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Chord Invert control to easily create chord inversions and variation
- Inputs and Outputs:
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TS dual-mono line outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TRS headphone output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8″ TRS stereo audio input
- MIDI DIN In and Out:
- 3.5 mm / 1/8″ TS Analogue clock sync In and Out
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TRS expression pedal input
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TS sustain pedal input
- Enclosure and Display:
- Tabletop-style enclosure, brackets for 19″ 3U rackmount included (requires 1U free space above or right-angled connectors)
- 1.54-inch large OLED display for instant visual feedback at all times of playing/editing
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 384 x 127 x 81 mm / 15.1″ x 5″ x 3.2″
- Weight: 2.1 kg / 4.6 lbs
- Product Code: COBALT8M
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.