View Full Description
The 120 wavetables onboard the Argon 8M provide a huge range of audio potential. Split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, the wavetables cover a range of sounds from virtual analog classics to cutting edge EDM. These include many of the sounds available with the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables.
Static wavetable modifiers
32 static wavetable modifiers can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a huge array of permutations and waveshapes. These include de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify. As well as this, 32 high-resolution wavetable oscillators, four per voice, ensure you’ll never run out of sound processing options. These oscillators can then be modulated using one of eight onboard modifiers including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync.
The Argon 8M features four, 2-pole state-variable filters. The ‘Standard’ filters are based on the resonant filter found across various Modal products ((SKULPTsynthesiser, CRAFTsynth2.0). The ‘Classic’ type filters have a more rounded character and softer resonance response.
Huge array of effects
The Argon 8M features three powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines. These can be utilised for chorus, phaser, flanger (pos), flanger (neg), Tremolo, lo-fi, rotary, stereo delay, ping-pong delay, X-over delay and reverb that can be arranged in any order. A 32-step programmable arpeggiator also allows for rhythmic synth sounds. The Argon 8M contains 100 FX and sequencer presets that can be quickly accessed to help streamline your creative workflow. The Argon 8M features four dedicated quick recall slots, providing accessibility to your favourite settings.
A range of connectivity options
A huge range of connectivity options ensure that the Argon 8M seamlessly integrates into your current studio setup. Quarter inch jacks are used for stereo audio outputs, headphones and to provide access for external control of the module. A 3.5mm stereo input has the ability to route incoming audio through the FX. The Argon 8M can also be synced with an external analog clock for control over delay, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator effects.
- 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets. Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify
- Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo soundscapes
- Filter can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Hugely powerful “Mod Matrix” modulation with eight assignable slots with four additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines
- Real time sequencer with 512 notes with input quantise and four recordable / editable parameter animations
- Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 500 storage patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free MODALapp
- 100 sequencer presets and 100 FX presets
- 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- Four quick recalls accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches.
- Polyphony: true 8 voice polyphonic, mono-timbral
- Filter: two pole morphing resonant filter with multiple filter types
- Effects: chorus, phaser, flanger (positive or negative), lo-fi, tremolo, rotary, 3 x delay types (stereo, ping-pong, crossover) and reverb
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Full size quarter inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Power: DC-9.0V-1.5A
- Physical (width x depth x height): 384mm x 127mm x 80mm
- Product code: ARGON8M
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.