View Full Description
Control parameters of your MIDI-compatible apps like AmpliTube wirelessly from the floor simply by switching the BlueBoard on. With BlueBoard you can switch between presets, change patches, turn effects on and off and control all your effects from the stage floor without worrying about tripping over wires.
The BlueBoard works by connecting with your iOS device via Bluetooth, and sending out control signals that are converted to MID by the iRig BlueBoard app. These MIDI signals are available to any MIDI compatible app you're running. The control messages sent can include bank up/down, MIDI continuous controllers as well as other parameter changes on apps like AmpliTube, SampleTank and iGrand Piano, or any other Core MIDI compatible app such as GarageBand.
You can place the board up to 10 metres away from your device and still maintain full control of your apps. Because of the iRig's Bluetooth connectivity, it leaves the 30-pin, Lightning and mini-jack connector on your iOS device free for connection with your other favourite hardware.
Four soft-touch pads are housed in the iRig BlueBoard's sturdy, stage-worthy chassis, powered by four standard AAA batteries. The pads are backlit, so you can easily see them for quick and accurate access on a dark stage or performance venue.
You can connect additional MIDI controllers like expression pedals with the two TRS expansion jacks, adding even more versatility to your performance.
The freedom of not being tethered by cables both onstage and in the studio is now available for all musicians. Small enough to fit in a laptop bag, the iRig BlueBoard offers the same degree of performance control as traditional music hardware, with the advantage of always keeping ahead of the game with companion apps for other platforms available in the near future.
Features and Specifications
- Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (10m range)
- 4 backlit switches for sending program, bank and other MIDI messages
- 2 1/4" inputs for optional expression pedals or switches that can used for sending continuous controller or on/off messages
- BlueBoard iOS app runs in background on mobile device or Mac, and translates Bluetooth messages to MIDI
- Runs on standard AAA batteries
- Small enough to fit in a laptop bag
- Dimensions: 275mm x 92mm x 25mm
- iOS Device Compatibility: Suitable for use with iPhone®5, iPhone®4S, iPod® touch 5th generation, iPad® 4th generation, iPad® 3rd generation and iPad® mini. iOS 5.1 or later is required.
- Mac Compatibility: Compatable with any Mac supporting Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy. Models: iMac®, Mac Mini®, MacBook Pro® (all models from June 2012 onwards).