View Full Description
A New Way To Create Sound and Effects
The Critter & Guitari Organelle is an innovative digital instrument providing inspiring new ways to create sounds. At the heart of the Organelle is a highly versatile sound engine complete with pre-loaded patches.
The Organelle provides the means to explore new sounds and sound design capabilities. You can do everything from creating synthesized sounds to sampling and effects. The unit comes complete with a USB flash drive for storing patches and audio samples.
Powerful Sound Engine
The innovative sound engine is comprised of an integrated Linux operating system and 1GHZ processor. This makes it one of the most flexible digital instruments on the market. The integrated computer runs the patches. The various patches allows the Organelle to take on different forms.
You can use this engine to create everything from leads and pads to more natural sounding instrument patches. The Organelle comes pre-loaded with a range of default patches. You can also tweak the original patches or create your own by using the USB drive. New patches are available from the Organelle site, allowing you to customise your sound palette with ease.
On-Board Computer and Processor
You can expand the functionality of the Organelle by plugging in a keyboard, mouse and/or studio monitors. This allows you to customise the way you play and create patches. The Organelle runs patches created in the programming environment Pure Data. So, for the more tech-savvy users out there you can even program your own in-depth patches for added versatility. You can even share you own patches with the Organelle community.
The Organelle features a wide range of connectivity. This allows the instrument to communicate with other devices and equipment. Two ¼-inch mono sound output jacks are included as left and right channels. You can use the output jacks to plug the Organelle directly into speakers or studio monitors. A ¼-inch stereo sound input jack is also included for sampling capabilities. A stereo headphone output jack allows you privately play and monitor your sounds. Additionally, a footswitch jack provides added functionality, with an expression pedal for flexible controllability.
Ergonomic Controls and OLED Display Screen
The top of the unit features 25 responsive maple keys. These keys can be used to create melodies, acting as a 25-note keyboard. The maple keys not only look good but provide a responsive feel similar to arcade buttons. Four parameter knobs are included for changing the shape and style of a sound with maximum precision.
The rotary selection knobs features a Push Button select for navigating through patches and settings. A master volume knob is included for changing the levels of sounds.
The high-contract OLED displays screen provides information on your patches and sound settings. This allows you to make changes to your sounds on the fly, at a glance. The high-contract design makes it ideal for use in low-light environments such as clubs and arenas. The unit also feature RGB LED lights, used as indicators.
- Innovative and compact digital instrument
- Synthesize, sample and create effects on the fly
- Provides new experimental ways to create cutting-edge sounds
- Comes pre-loaded with various patches
- Create everything from atmospheric pads to brash leads
- Includes a USB drive for storing samples, sounds and settings
- Create your own patches or tweak the original sounds
- High-contract OLED display screen
- Four parameter knobs
- 25-note maple keybed
- Integrated personal computer with Linux operating system
- Anodized aluminium design with ABS plastic bottom and rubber foot pads
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz; 16-bit (In & Out)
- Mono Sound Output Jacks: 2x ¼" (L & R Channels)
- Stereo Sound Input Jack: 1 x ¼-inch
- Stereo Headphone Output Jack: 1 x 1/8-inch
- Footswitch Jack: 1 x ¼-inch
- RAM & Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 with 512 MB RAM
- Operating System: Linux
- Boot Time: approx. 12 seconds
- Storage: Complete with USB drive
- USB Port: 2 x USB (2.0 standard-A type connector)
- USB Host For: MIDI over USB and Serial over USB
- Other: HDMI output Port
- Power Supply: 9VDC, 1.0 amp, centre-positive plug
- Dimensions: 10.5" x 3.25" x 2.125"
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.