View Full Description
Hall of fame
What do Jean Michel-Jarre, Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson all have in common? The answer is simple. They’re all users of the legendary CAT synthesizer. The latest edition of Behringer’s synth range ensures that you (yes, you) can now join the league of legends, at a price that won’t break the bank.
Behringer have gone to extreme measures in ensuring that CAT remains faithful to its predecessor. Offering authentic, replication of analog circuitry, VCO, VCF and VCA. This enables you to create the original sounds that defined the electronic genre.
The synthesizer is fully cable of creating inspiring, incredible, innovative, sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
It’s no secret that Behringer are just like you, total gear-heads. They understand your audio wants and needs. This is reflected in The CAT's 47 controls. These are all laid out for you in a highly intuitive manner. Thanks to this you’ll find yourself spending more time playing music and less reading manuals. Making music has never felt so good.
Fan of MIDI? No problem. Behringer have you covered. The CAT is capable of being paired with any keyboard controller. This enables the synthesizer to seamlessly integrate into your set up and workflow with minimal effort required.
Versatile signal generator
If you desire more character to your signal flow, employ the CAT-style Transient Generator. This will provide you with detailed voltage transient, every time a key is pressed. You'll also be able to shape your signal with ease through the inclusion of attack, decay, sustain and release.
The synthesizer's possibilities extend beyond its sleek, physical appearance. You'll be able to cater to the most complex of setups. If you wish to connect to external synths all you need to do is use the external gate, ADSR, AR or keyboard outputs. Behringer provides stability over it's 1970's and 80's predecessors via the 16 note poly chain function. Find yourself being able to combine multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony.
Powerful analog sounds
The CAT styled synthesizer is designed to provide you with big fat tones commonly associated with renowned prog rock, new wave and synth pop records. At the very heart of the synthesizer is two VCOs. The Duophonic / Paraphonic nature of the CAT allows you to control both oscillators independent of each other. This ensures great versatility.
Each VCO comes equipped with it's own waveform sliders. This is great for providing you with total control over the mix of sub octave, saw tooth, triangle and square waveforms to create unique tones that'll make you stand out from the crowd.
Risk free warranty
CAT also comes with a three year, extended, warranty. In the highly unlikely event that anything breaks, send it off and Behringer will fix it for you, totally free of charge.
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “CAT SRM II” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Authentic replication of original CAT SRM circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 4 variable and simultaneous oscillator shapes (Sawtooth, Triangle, modulated Pulse and Sub-Octave Square) for ultimate sounds
- Duophonic/Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Oscillators can be modulated from 6 different sources with 2 modulation depth attenuators
- Classic filter design (low pass with peak/resonance) with self-resonance capability
- Filter can be modulated from 6 different sources with 2 modulation depth attenuators
- Dedicated and fully analog sine/square wave LFO
- Analog sine/square LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- White noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 47 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Audio input for processing external sound sources for enhanced creativity
- External control inputs and outputs (High Note CV, Low Note CV, Gate, Filter etc.)
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Behringer Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.