View Full Description
The Hydra grows a new head
The Hydrasynth Deluxe's dual-engine mode opens a lot of different opportunities. Not just does it provide an extremely welcome 16 voices of polyphony for richer sounds, but it also gives the option to enter MULTI mode. With this, you can load or create two completely distinct patches. This is fantastic for live performances, allowing you to prepare and perform your songs more easily. It also provides extremely advanced modulation and sound design options - two distinct effects chains for each patch, and completely separate customisable patch macros, and separate two-filter chains for each sound engine mean that you can create distinct and evolving sounds that grow in unique ways.
Carefully crafted, ergonomic pitch-bend and mod wheels, a four-octave ribbon controller, and an expanded 73-key version of ASM's premium PolyTouch keybed make the Hydrasynth Deluxe a powerhouse of expressivity, allowing you to put every part of yourself into your music. An unprecedented level of control over your synthesis means that just about anything is possible.
Advanced sound design
With three oscillators per voice that can morph between 219 single-cycle waveforms to build wavetables with the expanded polyphony allows you to make extremely rich singular patches by itself. However, the Hydrasynth Deluxe has plenty more to offer than that. Eight different mutators make for extremely complex and variable tones, five LFOs with step modes, and five DAHDSR envelopes per sound engine, and 155 modulation destinations, immediate and deep sound design is placed directly in your hands. Now, with the Hydrasynth Deluxe, this set of modulators and destinations is effectively doubled.
ASM have also provided a suite of high-quality effects, modelled after some of the most popular effects on the modern market. Nine switchable pre and post-effects, as well as six delays and four reverbs provide plenty of ways to process your sound. The effects also contain modulation destinations themselves, providing extremely flexible capabilities.
Expanded patch memory
Now with eight banks of 128 SINGLE mode patches and five banks of 128 MULTI patches that are stored separately, the Hydrasynth Deluxe contains plenty of space for your sounds and a huge number of presets built by the designers themselves.
With two external CV and Gate inputs and outputs, standard 5-pin MIDI in, out and through, and the ability to set different sections of the keybed to different MIDI channels for extremely flexible routing.
- Dual sound engines provide 16-voice polyphony in SINGLE mode, and split keyboard MULTI mode for flexible combination of two distinct patches.
- DUAL mode for layering both patches throughout the entire keyboard
- Balance knobs for direct control over the mix between MULTI patches
- 73-note semi-weighted PolyTouch keybed for polyphonic aftertouch and expression like no other
- Four-octave ribbon controller over the keyboard with assignable modulation, and theremin mode for pitch and trigger signals
- 219 single cycle waveforms with wavemorphing and user wavetable generation
- Mutators – allows you to modulate, bend and sculpt oscillators 1 and 2
- FM-Linear - An instant classic, allowing you to create those classic FM tones. Choose multiple FM sources, including external inputs
- Wavestack™ - Similar to a unison effect, Wavestacking allows you to stack five instances of a wave of your choosing and detune them to create thick, aggressive sounds
- Hard Sync - This gives you those classic hard sync sounds. Try hard syncing a morphing wavetable for a very unique sound
- Pulse Width - Flexible pulse width modulation that can be applied to any input
- PW - Squeeze - This is a different form of pulse width modulation that creates a smoother sound
- PW-ASM - Variable pulse width modulation that cuts your sound into eight sections and allows you to customise how much PWM happens in each section for extremely dynamic sounds
- Harmonic Sweep - this will sweep the harmonics of the incoming sound
- PhazDiff - Takes the input signal, shifts the phase, and joins it with the original signal, vary the phase with a modulation source for some otherworldly noises
- Mixer section with noise generator for additional texture, ring modulation effects, and balance control
- Flexible parallel and series filter routing with adjustable input level from the mixer section
- Filter 1 with 16 different models
- Filter 2, an SEM-style state-variable filter with a 12 dB per octave slope
- Five LFOs with 10 waveshapes and STEP mode, with 64-step pattern generation for extremely customisable modulation
- LFO delay, fade-in, smoothing, start phase, BPM sync, and one-shot mode for envelope function
- Five DAHDSR envelopes with Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, and Release stages, as well as free-form timing or BPM sync
- Separate upper and lower arpeggiator modes when used in MULTI mode
- Wide range of flexible connectivity for additional modulation sources, or interfacing with external synthesizers
- Master controls for saving and managing patches, and voice parameters to add analog feel, voice-panning, or micro-tuning
- Patch macros on knobs for variable patch modulation storage, ideal for live performances and dynamic effects
- Expansive patch memory with eight banks of 128 SINGLE patches, and five banks of 128 MULTI patches
- Advanced modulatable pre or post-effects, six delays and four reverbs for dynamic effect processing
- Included shelf for additional pedal, drum machine or synthesizer module placement
- Keybed: 73-key PolyTouch Keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Controller: 4 octave (67 cm, 26.4”) Ribbon controller
- Patches: 8 banks of 128 SINGLE patch memory, 5 banks of 128 MULTI patch memory
- CV: CV gate input and outputs
- MIDI: MIDI In/Out/THRU
- Other Inputs: Expression pedal input, sustain pedal input
- USB: USB Port – supports USB MIDI In/Out
- Dimensions: 113.1 x 35.9 x 11.9 cm (44.5 x 14.1 x 4.7 inches)
- Weight: 13.5kg (29.8 lbs)
- Product Code: 30097
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.