View Full Description
Echo perfected through the years
Forgive the delay (and also the dodgy pun). But Strymon took their time in crafting the Volante - and with good reason. Their developers painstakingly analysed all of the best features of the greatest, most iconic echo and delay pedals from throughout music history before making it. So they know what works. And more importantly, what doesn't.
As a result, the Volante isn't like any other single effects box out there. The usual drawbacks of poor delay fidelity and difficult usability have been eliminated, leaving you with three vintage echo machines that'll help you get the best out of your sound. The drum delay is rhythmic and warm, even bringing a little bit of break-up for extra edge. You'll enjoy the classic sound of an iconic tape echo, complete with the ability to add authentic, spliced tones for an added bit of character in your music. And a clean reel-to-reel studio echo is flawless and pure, bringing uncompromising clarity to a legendary effect. The pinnacle of delay.
4 heads, 400 billion combinations
Okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration. But it gets the point across: the possibilities you've got to alter your sound with the Strymon Volante are near-limitless. That's because it's been loaded with four delay playback heads. Each bringing a unique tone, every head has its own controls for feedback, panning, and level - you've never had so much choice in shaping your ideal delay sound. They can be used individually, all at once, or in any other combination you dream up. You can even alter the spacing between each head, changing the way the individual echoes behave with each other. You'll never be restrained in what you can do.
Never stop creating
Strymon could easily have stopped after bringing a range of exquisite delays and a multi-head design together in the Volante. But they didn't. Instead, the innovative features kept on coming. An infinite repeat mode lets you experiment with unending echo. Classic, warbling tones come from the spring reverb setting. You can alter both the tempo and pitch of your delays with a 3-way speed switch.
There's more. An expression control will let you set as many knobs as you like to be used with a pedal - so finding the right sound on-stage is easy. It's got eight built-in presets, as well as MIDI giving you access to a possible 300 more. This lets you save your favourite settings and recall them in an instant. Reverse mode. Intuitive pausing. Tap tempo. The Volante gives you so much more than the space on this page allows us to list. Just try it - you won't be disappointed.
- Multi-head magnetic media delay machine providing four playback heads with individual feedback, panning, and level controls
- Processor-intense algorithms deliver meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage magnetic echo systems (drum echo, tape echo, studio reel-to-reel echo)
- Dedicated control over echo machine tone and media (low cut, mechanics, wear)
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Independent spring reverb
- Sound-on-sound looping mode with reverse, pause, splice, and infinite repeat functions
- High impedance stereo input
- Stereo output
- Input level switch allows for both instrument and line level signals
- On, favourite, and tap tempo footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of an expression pedal, external tap pedal, 1/4" to MIDI cable, or MultiSwitch Plus
- Full featured MIDI in/out supporting MIDI CCs, program changes, and more
- USB jack for controlling MIDI via computer
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Super high performance SHARC DSP
- Model Name: Strymon Volante Magnetic Echo Machine
- Colour: Green
- Point Processing: 32-Bit Floating
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Switching: True Bypass, Selectable Transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Chassis: Anodized Aluminium
- Power Supply: 9V DC (Included)
- Power Requirements: Max 9 Volts DC Centre-Negative, Minimum of 300mA Current
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 7" x 1.75"
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.