View Full Description
For many years, Maxon have been renowned for their legendary 808 overdrive circuit, offering the ultimate components to achieving a superb guitar tone. The new OD-808X overdrive pedal accommodates this same iconic circuitry for the modern player, along with a full host of characteristics for added excess.
Based on the previous OD808, the OD-808X offers a wider frequency response, along with an extended high-frequency tonal range with added clarity. Unlike other overdrive pedals, the OD-808X also features a harder clipping pattern, for a searing, full-bodied tone that maintains the overall sustain.
As well as frequency responses, an additional +5 dB of output level assures that the OD808X will punch through the densest of mixes, for a reliable overdrive oedal that you can count on. This additional level and top-end also allows the OD-808X to be stacked in a chain of pedals for the optimum sound.
Maxon started out in Japan in 1965 under the name Nisshin Onpa, manufacturing guitar pickups before producing OEM products for other companies. Nisshin Onpa was responsible for designing and manufacturing many legendary pedals while working in partnership with Ibanez, including the TS-808/TS808 and TS9 tube screamers. Although many of the pedals Maxon created were released under the Ibanez name, Maxon was producing pedals under their own name, and in 2002 when the two companies parted way, Maxon began to push its name as a manufacturer of high-quality effects pedals. Today Maxon produce "hard-to-find" vintage type effects pedals, and are used by many artists such as Pearl Jam, Troy Van Leeuwen, Steve Stevens, Brad Whitford, and many more.
"The OD808X proves that even after three decades, there’s still plenty of room to tweak Maxon’s timeless 808 overdrive. The pedal is a fantastic tool for tightening the low end of a driven amplifier and adding top-end presence without excessively coloring the tone." Premier Guitar
Read the full review here.
- Modified version of classic OD808 Overdrive
- Extended frequency response improves note definition and clarity
- Increased Output (+5 dB over OD808) for extra Volume Boost
- Harder clipping yields more aggressive, amp-like Distortion
- Buffered Bypass Switching
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Maximum Gain: 40dB (2 kHz)
- Input Noise: -110dB or Less (Input Shorted, IHF-A Weighted)
- Controls: Drive, Tone, Level
- Switch: Bypass/Effect (Buffered Electronic Bypass)
- Indicator: Bypass/Effect LED
- Accessories: 6F22 9V Battery, User Manual
- Power Supply: 6F22/6LF22 9V battery x 1 or Maxon AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 7.2mA max. / 9VDC
- Battery Life:
- 9VDC Manganese Battery: 78 hours
- 9VDC Alkaline Battery: 114 hours
- Width: 70mm
- Depth: 113mm
- Height: 56mm
- Weight: 300g (Approx.)
Please Note: Pedal does not come with an AC adaptor