View Full Description
Easily Adjustable Key Range
Featuring a three-octave adjustable range, the Mallet Station is designed for the learning student through to the touring professional. The adjustable range allows you to set the root note to what you need, whether it's a guitar in low E or a vibraphone in F - it's easy to configure with the low note selection buttons on the controller. Using the included 'Gap Caps' you can add or remove the accidental notes depending on what key you are playing in. This allows you to easily deactivate the notes you don't want to use.
Sensitive and Highly Responsive
The notes are sensitive to your dynamics and highly responsive to your touch. This means you can use techniques such as mallet dampening and dead strokes in the same way you would if playing the vibraphone. Just press down gently on the note to choke it, or hit firmly to play dead strokes for a staccato sound. Using the MIDI controls you can even set the motor sound, and use the fader to modulate the motor speed much like on the modern vibraphone. It doesn't have to be vibraphone though, you can use those same techniques on piano, guitar, synthesizer sounds - any instrument you want to play with the Mallet Station.
Limitless Creativity for Electronic Artists
You don't have to be a professional jazz vibraphone player to make the most of the Mallet Station. Electronic artists can use it to loop samples, modulate effects, control VST synthesizers and play with the satisfaction offered by the intuitive layout and percussive feedback. It's fun to play with and highly versatile no matter what your musical background is, and the creative possibilities are endless.
Split into Multiple Zones
The Mallet Station was designed to be sleek, simple and lightweight. That's why much of the MIDI control has been moved to the Mallet Station software. Using this software you can split the instrument into two zones, which you can then assign to separate MIDI channels. You can even re-enable the ''gap cap'' notes and assign each one to a different channel. For example, you could have timpani on the bottom with chimes on top, and a mix of other percussion sounds on the Gap Cap keys. You can customise and mix up your performances in so many different ways using this feature.
Perfect for Traveling Musicians
Don't let weather shut down your performance, the Mallet Station features an all-weather silicone playing surface, allowing you to perform through rain and heat. The lightweight, streamlined design makes it easy to transport, and since it hooks up to iPhone/iPad, you don't even need to have a computer around to utilise it. Take the Mallet Station on the road, or bring it to your classroom for versatile demonstrations, there's no doubt the students will love it. As long as you have instrument software, you are ready to go.
- Responsive, sensitive dynamic control with mallet techniques
- Bottom note range shift buttons allow you to easily configure note range
- Octave up/down buttons for quickly shifting the octave
- Three faders, four buttons and three pedal inputs for customised MIDI control
- Natural feeling soft silicone keys, all-weather playing surface
- Can be mounted on a table, X-stand or module mounts
- Pedal inputs allow expression and sustain
- Steel chassis design provides durability and stability
- Port for optional MIDI expander to use external MIDI hardware
- Plug and Play compliant device (iOS requires Apple Lightning to USB 3 adapter, not included)
- Dimensions: 410 x 320 x 1240 (mm)
- Weight: 10.20kg
- Pedal Inputs: 3x 1/4'' pedal inputs (1 expression, 2 switch)
- Other connections: USB 2.0 jack, Mini-USB for connection to KMI MIDI Expander (sold separately)
- Included Accessories: 3M USB cable, ''Gap Cap'' note covers
- Software: Mallet Station Editor (does not include sounds)
- Power Source: USB bus power
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.