View Full Description
Robust Student Instrument
This student cello is a sturdy and reliable instrument for beginners and younger musicians. The body is made from a varnished laminate Spruce top and Basswood back and sides which produce a lightweight, tough and flexible body. The inlaid purfling helps to protect against cracks forming at the edge of the instrument and allows the top to flex more freely.
The Ebonized Hardwood pegs and fingerboard prevent the build-up of moisture, making the instrument long lasting. The solid Maple bridge and metal tailpiece are hard wearing and durable fittings. Easy to use fine tuners on the tailpiece allow for simple and quick tuning.
This cello produces a warm and even sound throughout the registers. The steel core strings create a clear and crisp tone, allowing the beginner to concentrate on playing technique. Each string has silk wrappings to help students identify the notes and to create friction against the tuning pegs.
Includes Bow, Rosin and Case
The cello comes with everything the beginner needs to get playing straight away. The bow, made from hardwood, is easy to use and robust, meaning it will withstand the stresses of students learning proper bowing techniques. A half mounted frog and ebony adjuster make it easy to learn with as well as comfortable to hold.
The canvas covered, hard foam case is easy to carry as well as providing protection for the instrument. Wheels on the bottom mean it can be rolled around and shoulder straps enable players to put the case on their back with ease. Pockets both inside and out make it easy to store the included rosin as well as any other accessories.
If you're just starting out or are simply looking for a more complete set-up, this pack is perfect. It comes with everything you need to get started including string set, polishing cloth, music stand, tuner and non-slip cello mat.
Gear4music BC-700 Chromatic Tuner
- Tuning Range: A0 (27.50Hz), C8 (4,186.00Hz)
- "A" Calibration: 440 Hz
- Accuracy: +/-0.5cents
- Automatic Power: Off After 5 Minutes
- Battery: 2 x 1.5V(AAA)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 98 x 50 x 15mm
- Body: Hand Finished Laminated Wood
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Sides: Basswood
- Back: Basswood
- Finish: White Painted, Lacquered
- Bridge: Fitted Maple
- Neck: Maple with Ebonized Fingerboard
- Tuning Pegs: Ebonized Maple, Fitted
- Endpin: Ebonized Maple
- Tailpiece: Metal with Four Integral Fine Tuners
- Total Height: 1280mm-1660mm
- Body Width: Upper Bout 357mm, Waist 260mm, Lower Bout 450mm
- Body Depth: 275mm
- Type: Round Stick hardwood with Horsehair
- Adjuster: Ebony with Two Nickel Bands
- Lapping: Nickel Silver with Leather Thumbpiece
- Tip: ABS
- Canvas Covered Featherweight Hard Case with Zips, Straps and Zippable Sheet Music Pocket
- Alice Cello String Set 4/4 Size
- Instrument Polishing Cloth
- Music Stand by Gear4music, Black
- Gear4music BC-700 Chromatic Tuner
- Black Hole Non Slip Cello Mat
Please note - Gear4music orchestral stringed instruments are packed for transport and therefore require a small amount of setting up. For more information, please click here.
Music is for everyone, so we’re making it easier for you to start playing. Backed by our years of professional experience, the Gear4music range gives you access to a vast collection of instruments, audio gear and accessories. Produced ethically and responsibly, they're suitable for every musical interest while meeting the expectations of a caring world. There’s never been a better time to start making music.