View Full Description
Unrivalled audio fidelity
Since the '80s, the DT 990’s have been deep-rooted within Beyerdyanmic's headphone range. Built to deliver sound that is completely natural, you’ll hear every detail of your favourite music, no matter what genre you love.
An extended frequency (5Hz - 35kHz) allows you to hear the subtle nuances from your source audio, even at high volumes. Thanks to high sound pressure level capabilities, the DT 990’s can be turned up to maximum without degrading the audio fidelity.
The impressive acoustic definition captures musical details that conventional headphones just don’t reproduce. The result is pristine audio with sparkling highs, backed-up by a powerful low-end.
Years of comfort
You'll be able to listen to your favourite music for hours on end. Beyerdynamic went to great lengths to ensure that the DT 990 Pro Headphones remained comfortable, regardless of how long you're wearing them for. The soft, over-ear pads get you close to the audio drivers without sacrificing any of the relaxing fit. To further guarantee comfort, the DT 990’s have an adjustable headband which is surrounded by soft leather cushioning.
Built in Germany with precision and impeccable attention to detail. Beneath the luxurious padding the components used are supremely hard-wearing, with solid yet lightweight all-metal headband and durable plastic driver enclosures.
Should the velour earpads ever wear out, replacements can be easily purchased and fitted to your headphones. Ensuring you're always able to listen in comfort. That means years of life for the audiophile who demands the best.
Benchmark for studio sound
The Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro are a great asset for any working professional or hobbyist audiophile. With almost 100 years of industry experience, Beyerdynamic are one of the leading brands when it comes to the manufacture of headphones. That’s why you’ll always have a superior listening experience.
- Perfect for professional studio use and home hi-fi systems with 250 ohms impedance
- High-performance audio reproduction with a natural and vibrant response - hear sound how it was meant to be heard
- Unparalleled soundstage thanks to the open-back design
- Comfortable to wear with padded headband and soft velour earcups
- Tight yet relaxing fit for studio engineers who are always busy
- Fully repairable from home
- German engineering ensures astounding performance throughout years of use
- Highly durable with premium grade materials and construction
- Single-sided cable for removal of headphones at a moments notice
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Open
- Nominal frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 250 Ohms per cartridge
- Nominal SPL: 96 dB SPL
- Nominal T.H.D: (less than) 0.2
- Power handling capacity: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to ear: Circumaural
- Nominal headband pressure: approx. 3.5 N
- Weight (without cable): 250 g
- Length and type of cable: 3 m / coiled cable
- Connection: Gold plated stereo, Jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Product Code: 459038