View Full Description
Step up to USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol supported by the UAC-2 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result is low latency (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source. What's more, the extra bus voltage carried by USB 3.0 (900 mA, as opposed to the 500 mA carried by USB 2.0) allows for the use of higher-end electronic components such as the advanced preamps and converters in the UAC-2.
The UAC-2 is one of the most versatile interfaces ever. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an AC adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad.
AD / DA conversion
The UAC-2 uses high-end components such as the Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-2 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-2 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
The Ins and Outs
The USB 3.0 connector on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer in addition to providing power to the UAC-2 - no batteries or external power required. Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players - even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses.
Dual balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect the UAC-2 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there's an independent 1/4" stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for private monitoring of the input or output signal. The UAC-2 is the first-in-class USB interface that performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion (so that, for example, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the signal is processed at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz, respectively). For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a large Output knob enables fast control over overall output level. A phantom power switch applies +48 volts to the mic inputs, allowing you to use the UAC-2 with studio-quality condenser microphones, and a three-way Direct Monitoring switch enables monitoring of input signal with zero latency in both mono and stereo. MIDI In and Out connectors allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines. Last but not least, a Class Compliant Mode switch enables the UAC-2 to be connected to an iPad. (Requires optional power adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit, sold separately.)
- 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- Compatible with all popular DAW software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 120dB of dynamic range
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered - no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.